Mission Impossible

German Kriegsmarine 1935-1945.
Enrico Cernuschi
Patron

Mission Impossible

Post by Enrico Cernuschi »

Hello Guys,

15 years ago I was able to give a glance, in a library, at a book written in English about the surface actions fought by the Royal Navy during the Second World War (or there were the WWI Actions too? I don't remember, unfortunatly).

I did the mistake not to buy that book that day and now I'm wandering trying to find it again.

I have got not the title or the author nor the publisher (Conway?). I remember only it was small, maybe grey and ordered by dates.

May someone help me? It's almost an impossible task, but it would be very useful indeed for my researches.

Thank you for any help.

EC :oops:
Ciàpla adasi, stà léger.
KlemenL
Supporter

Post by KlemenL »

I am afraid Enrico but without knowing more details this is indeed a "mission impossible". Have you perhaps tried to consult the COPAC online searchable database? I have put Royal Navy in World War II in the title box and got the following hits:

The Royal Navy in World War II : an annotated bibliography / Derek G. Law ; Martin Gordon, consulting editor . 2003
— [Full record details] [Tag record]
The Royal Navy's Home Fleet in World War II / James P. Levy . 2003
The Royal Navy in World War II / Robert Jackson . 1997
The Royal Navy in World War II / Robert Jackson . 1996
The Royal Australian Navy in World War II / edited by David Stevens . 1996
The Royal Navy in focus in World War II / from the collection of Sydney Goodman ; with captions by Ben Warlow ; [editor M. A. Critchley] . 1994
The hand-me-down ships : this is the true account of the World War II exploits of ten ex-American coast guard cutters and the officers and men of the Royal Navy who served them / Ken Reed . 1993
The Royal Navy in World War II : an annotated bibliography / by Derek G. Law . 1988
Service at sea : with the Royal Navy in World War II / by Michael Auriol Buxton . 1988
The Hunts : a history of the design, development and careers of the 86 destroyers of this class built for the Royal and Allied Navies during World War II / [by] English, John . 1987
The art of leadership in war : the Royal Navy from the age of Nelson through World War II / John Horsfield . 1980
The art of leadership in war: the Royal Navy from the age of Nelson to the end of the World War II / [by] John Horsfield . 1980
H. M. C. S : one photographer's impressions of the Royal Canadian Navy in World War II / Gilbert A. Milne . 1960
Royal Australian Navy in World War II

Maybe you can remember the exact title while looking at these hits. Just a suggestion. :wink:

URL: http://copac.ac.uk/wzgw
US PGA Commentator - "One of the reasons Arnie (Arnold Palmer) is playing so well is that, before each tee shot, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them .... Oh my god!!!!! What have I just said?!!!"