Largest Post World War One Polish Battle

German Freikorps, Reichsheer and Reichsmarine 1919-1934.
Musashi
Supporter

Post by Musashi »

Sehr geehrter Leopard 2,
I found a more radical "idea" for you. Go to Mekka or holy city of Karbala in Iraq (the Polish soldiers serve there) and tell those local people these cities ARE in Israel (similar to your friend Henrik who used a form "Poznan IS in Germany").
You would have only an "idea" LOL. I STRONGLY afraid the local people wouldn't understand your "idea" and you would need a very BIG help :D
leopard 2
Supporter

Post by leopard 2 »

You're doing a mistake dear Musashi
I'm no friend of Henrik and I don't share exactly his point of view.
Of course it's wrong to say that Posen is german, NOW...

I just wondered how it is possible to get so angry on this forum! People shouls calm down and express themselves...

Tehre is certainely some kind of nationalism in Henrik's written... I'm sure there is also in yours, as I see you're coming from Poland.
I think that you can't compare Posen and Tel-Aviv, because the case of Israel is much more offending than Posen's case. I am personnaly 100% for the cause of the Palestinians, because Israel, with the help of the USA, is violating the international laws every day God is doing! I personnaly can't recognize the State of Israel, as I recognize Poland effectively.

I was just trying to say that it's not because Henrik is saying that Posen is german that he would be necessary "supporter of the Endloesung", as you said. I think you've been as ridiculous as he has been before...
Musashi
Supporter

Post by Musashi »

Sehr geehrter Leopard 2,
as you could have seen I asked Moderators of this forum, why some members were allowed to provoke others. I've never written so stupid post in my life until now. However the moderators could have react on Hernik's post, but they did not do it and I don't know why. If it was Axis History forum, he would get a warning in a few minutes, his post would be probably deleted and I wouldn't have to write so stupid response. Browse Axis History Forum and check if my posts are so nationalistic :wink:
http://forum.axishistory.com/index.php
Cheers,
Chris
leopard 2
Supporter

Post by leopard 2 »

The action of the moderators will certainly take effect soon!
Let them some time to read OUR stupid posts...
Ant then, let's forget this and be friends :wink:
Orzel
Banned

Post by Orzel »

Dear Leopard, just to inform you Italy claims bern, Germany zurich and the rest belongs to Austria, but dont get upset when we tell you this, oh and btwy if you try to show off any Swiss nationalism you and your family will be shot, dont lose your temper, stay civil Leo, and well make sure that after you "win" your country back well insult as you as crude anti-semties and sell you off to the Communist slavery for 50 years, why you getting upset leo, c'mon its only history.
Benoit Douville
Contributor

Post by Benoit Douville »

Another important Battle involving Poland after World War I is the Battle of Annaberg in Upper Silesia involving the POW (Polska Organizacja Wojskowa) and the Freikorps. The POW went on the offensive on May 2, 1921. By May 5th, POW controlled most of Upper Silesia. Freikops units, which had been officially disbanded after the Kapp Putsch during the spring of 1920, independently reformed and rushed to Upper Silesia. The Freikorps units stabilized a line from the Polish border to the city of Oppeln and along the Oder river. General Karl Höfer was in overall command of the Freikorps formations. On May 21, 1919, a task force under the command of General Bernhard von Hülsen attacked the Annaberg hill on the east side of the Oder. It was a prominent point in the Oder Valley and was held by the Poles. It was also the site of a religious sanctuary of importance to the Germans living in Silesia. Von Hülsen's attack was successful. It was proclaimed as the first German victory since 1918. A Polish counterattack was repulsed the next day.

Regards
Opa
Supporter

400 AD should be the Stichtag

Post by Opa »

Posen was founded by Germans, even if the countryside remained slavic. Modern nation-state solutions were simply the worst for such areas. Why could it not have been an autonomous duchy with special rights for all groups, Jews, Germans, Kashubs, Poles even, and the occasional Karaite?

But since Polish super-nationalism is rearing its ugly head in this debate, I simply propose to pray that a deity would bring back the boundaries of 400 AD! That would solve all these disputes.
Honny soit qui mal y pense!
Pirx
Associate

Re: 400 AD should be the Stichtag

Post by Pirx »

Opa wrote:Posen was founded by Germans, even if the countryside remained slavic. Modern nation-state solutions were simply the worst for such areas.
Berlin was founded by slavic-lausitz tribe Obodrzyce. The name "Berlin" former "Berlo" means "scepter" :D .Most eastern German town in IX century was Magdeburg, between Elbe and Oder lived tribes like Wielets, Obodrzyce, Lausitze (today also i can see names Cottbus-Chociebuz, Bautzen-Budisin, Zittau-Zytawa), Rugosan (isle Rugia). They were not Poles, but tribes incoming to this land on V-VI century.East from those tribes lives Poles.
Poznan was first capital of Poland, and earlier main town of Polanie tribe (known since IX century). On the "Convention in Gniezno" in year 1000, german emperor Otto IIIrd told to polish suveren Boleslav, that all lands east from Oder river belongs to Poland :D .

Dear Opa.
Read some historic books instead to write so rubbish stuff.
Ada
Contributor

Re: 400 AD should be the Stichtag

Post by Ada »

Pirx wrote:
Opa wrote:Posen was founded by Germans, even if the countryside remained slavic. Modern nation-state solutions were simply the worst for such areas.
Berlin was founded by slavic-lausitz tribe Obodrzyce. The name "Berlin" former "Berlo" means "scepter" :D .Most eastern German town in IX century was Magdeburg, between Elbe and Oder lived tribes like Wielets, Obodrzyce, Lausitze (today also i can see names Cottbus-Chociebuz, Bautzen-Budisin, Zittau-Zytawa), Rugosan (isle Rugia). They were not Poles, but tribes incoming to this land on V-VI century.East from those tribes lives Poles.
Poznan was first capital of Poland, and earlier main town of Polanie tribe (known since IX century). On the "Convention in Gniezno" in year 1000, german emperor Otto IIIrd told to polish suveren Boleslav, that all lands east from Oder river belongs to Poland :D .

Dear Opa.

Read some historic books instead to write so rubbish stuff.
Bravo!!!!!

Dear Opa. I bet you are the member of Erica Steinbach clique.... :?
Ada
Opa
Supporter

Read Books, not Comic Books

Post by Opa »

That's what I suspected--Polish ultranationalists. :shock:

But why arbitrarily pick the 9th century--the 4th was so much better, that should be the standard century for borders today. Joking aside, yes, Slavic tribes had migrated onto old German land--and in Brandenburg they still found some of the natives, the German Heveller. They intermarried, which is why in German the Stodoranen continued to be called Heveller. In Silesia (named even in Polish for the good ole German Silinger), a few German villages still existed in the 9th century (Nimptsch) before merging with the local Slavs. The history of the area is convoluted. But just because someone lived there in the 9th century does not give a rotten bygosz of rights in the 20th century. It is the population living there as settled population in the 20th that counts for the 20th century. And that population was German (incl. many Slavs of course who had embraced German culture and merged over the centuries with the German people, whether the Stodoranen of Brandenburg, the Ranen on Ruegen, the Pomoranen of Pomorania, the Silesian tribes--all under their native princes at that who led with their example). Danzig was 98% German, and so since many centuries--those Polish Ultranationalists had no legitimate business there in 1939.

So go read a few books, not just comic books, or whatever you can find on "google."

And yes, indeed, I am a supporter of Erika Steinbach, and proud of it. She's a fine lady, struggling for decency and justice. The Zentrum gegen Vertreibungen will be built, even if half Poland stands on its head and wriggle with their toes.
Honny soit qui mal y pense!
Ada
Contributor

Re: Read Books, not Comic Books

Post by Ada »

Opa wrote:That's what I suspected--Polish ultranationalists. :shock:

And yes, indeed, I am a supporter of Erika Steinbach, and proud of it. She's a fine lady, struggling for decency and justice. The Zentrum gegen Vertreibungen will be built, even if half Poland stands on its head and wriggle with their toes.

Ok that is all- I'm not going to have even a small chat with the revisionist.
I hope moderators are watching you.

kisses from Polish slaves.....
Ada
Torquez

Post by Torquez »

. She's a fine lady, struggling for decency and justice.
Isn't she kind of hypocritical claiming she is an hurt expelled person ? She didn't lose anything, she didn't had any home or possesions in Poland, nor ware her parents living in Poland.Her father was just posted in military unit occupying Poland and his girlfriend visited him there.
So her title of an expelled person is kind of fake.
Danzig was 98% German, and so since many centuries--those Polish Ultranationalists had no legitimate business there in 1939.
Good luck Hitler saved you from the terror of subhuman aggression ! :D
Gdansk wasn't Polish btw in 1939 so you are lacking any historical knowledge.
As to Polish population post WW1:
http://raven.cc.ku.edu/~eceurope/hist55 ... 11pic2.jpg

Pomerania 1921-18 % of population is German
Poznan 1921-16 % of population is German
Upper Silesia 1921- 42 % of population is German

According to p.27 of the Reich Statistical Yearbook for 1941 the population of the territories annexed from Poland was as follows in June 1940:

Province Ostpreussen: 994,092.
Reichsgau Danzig-West-Preussen (not including Danzig): 1,487,452.
Reichsgau Wartheland: 4,538,922.
Prov. Schlesien: 2,603,550.
General Gouvernment: 12,107,000

According to p.6 of "Documents on the Expulsion of the Germans from East-Central Europe" Volume 1, (Bonn, 1954) the following was the German population of these areas when they were annexed from Poland in 1939:

Polish Territories attached to the Provinz of Ostpreussen: 31,000.
Polish Territories of the Reichsgau Danzig-Westpreussen: 210,000.
Polish Territories of the Reichsgau Wartheland: 230,000.
Eastern Upper Silesia: 238,000.
Generalgouvernment: 80,000.
It is the population living there as settled population in the 20th that counts for the 20th century. And that population was German
Not in Poznan Silesia or Pomerania :)In fact Poznan got into German hands only in 1795 during since like 900 years or so(and actually was Polish again till 1815 after an uprising against Prussian rule).It was an autonomous Polish region till 1836 IIRC.Germans never possesed there a majority and Polish liberation movement was quite strong.Strong enough to wage a succesfull resistance to Germanisation efforts(Kulturkampf,Hakata) and wage a sucessfull uprising against Germany in which they regained freedom.

And btw:
* Greater Poland Uprising 1794 - to help the Kościuszko Uprising
* Greater Poland Uprising 1806 - to help Napoleon I to liberate Poland and create the Duchy of Warsaw
* Greater Poland Uprising 1846 - part of the all-Polish 3-partition uprising
* Greater Poland Uprising 1848 - part of the Spring of Nations
* Greater Poland Uprising (1918-1919) - Poland regains independence after the World War I

In fact Poznan was in Prussian/German hands for 101 years and only 67 years of direct rule.
Hans
Associate

Post by Hans »

Polish/German/Chinese/Uzbeks? Who cares? It's people that count, nationalities are only artificial bullsh.. . I defy any European, to prove that he is a full blood (whatever that means) anything. The so called Poles on here are probably Germans, the Germans probably Slavs and the French south sea islanders (no wonder I like the French).

Race was a nazi thing in WWII, although they certainly didn't start it. The continuation of this rot makes you guys as stupid as the painter and chicken farmer.

Just be happy you have two legs and walk upright.

- Hans
Was haben wir für dich gewollt
Du deutsches Vaterland?
- H Gehr IR 21./17.ID
Ada
Contributor

Post by Ada »

Hans wrote:Polish/German/Chinese/Uzbeks? Who cares? It's people that count, nationalities are only artificial bullsh.. . I defy any European, to prove that he is a full blood (whatever that means) anything.
- Hans
You are right . But the point is that some people are trying to make the revision of old treaties and to expell people living on the Polish land for almost 60 years. Can you imagine what next can happen?
I know that because my parents are living in Silesia. They and their neighbours often have visitors who claim that Poles would live there for not so long because they would be forced to give the land away.
There was a shocked event last year. One man who was giving such leaflets to people and fixing leaflets to trees was captured by the police. It turned out that it was councillor for Görlitz. And he was not punished in Germany afterwards.

The old demons are waking up... :evil:
Ada
Torquez

Post by Torquez »

The so called Poles on here are probably Germans,
\
Yuck, the ugly German determination of nationality by blood raises its ugly head.I am a Pole because of my culture.