Requesting permission to post in this section & other rules

Objective research on factual information regarding German military related warcrimes.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Requesting permission to post in this section & other rules

Post by Jason Pipes »

After reading the guidelines for this section of the forum anyone who desires to post messages here needs to contact myself or one of the mods who will grant your access provided you have shown yourself to be capable of posting in an unbiased and non-confrontational manner.

Please note when discussing threads and posts in this section that it has always been a standard on the forum that when discussions on war crimes arise, the sins or not of one side are NOT measured against or excused by those of the other. What constitutes a "war crime" is a breach of the various treaties defining the laws of warfare, treatment of non-combatants, destruction of property, treatment of POWS, etc. - or the commonly-held "customs of war" underpinning them...what does NOT make an action a "war crime" is that the other side did it first or worse. Each war crime or alledged war crime stands on its own "merits" and circumstances - and not in comparison with or measured against any other by degree.

Please note - this section is ONLY for the discussion of "war crimes" - discussion of the Holocaust has no place on this Forum.

Feldgrau's policy on the issue of war crimes is that discussions of war crimes, ala "xyz unit did xyz thing at xyz place and date" is fine as long as it remains TOTALLY neutral and unbiased either for or against it. Ours is not a place to judge, condemn or defend but to simply study and hope to understand. There is nothing wrong with trying to get a full picture of, say, the 2nd SS, but to go off on a rant "for" or "against" the division in this context is just totally out of line in a place dedicated to research, not polemics.

Feldgrau regards "War Crimes" as specific breaches of ANY internationally-agreed rules of conduct or treatment bearing on warfare that are in effect and legally-binding at the time the crime/alledged crime occured. The Forum management does not condone the application of ANY other standard or criteria - everything else is supposition with no bearing on the realities of the crime. The only exception is where crimes are judged to have been against the underlaying internationally-accepted "laws and customs of war" underpinning these conventions, and if not "judged" per subsequent events, then there needs to be suitable levels of proof that such laws and customs were indeed customary.

Because of this, there will be VERY strict standards applied amd maintained on War Crimes or War Crimes-facing threads, and all Moderators' instructions should be taken note of. Please keep strictly to topic, as we are not here to discuss the ANY war crimes or genocides except those 1939-45 and strictly delineated by the above rules.
geneo2556

Re: Requesting permission to post in this section & other rules

Post by geneo2556 »

I got carried away and did not request permission to post here; here is what I submitted. Should I have used another thread, and if necessary, let me know how to delete my submission.

Russian soldiers demobilized
by geneo2556 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:25 pm

There have been sufficient histories of how the Russian soldiers acted towards anyone they considered enemies or easy prey during and after the war; I am wondering if anyone has any information (hopefully a book), about how these former soldiers acted after being demobilized and sent back to russia. After having seen and participated in all kinds of horror, I would imagine that once back home, adjustment would not be easy. Our troops had post traumatic syndrome (not called that back then), and generally did not see anywhere near the brutality that the Russian troops had seen.
I am thinking that after bragging about their exploits back on the Kolkholz, they probably hit the vodka twice as hard as before they left for the war, and brutalized their families, neighbors, etc. to the point that they may have had to be sentenced to 20 year terms for the crimes they committed.
Also, reading has shown that some of the Russian officers had acquired German girlfriends while stationed in Germany, but that they were often ratted out for associating with the enemy, and sent back to Russia, but I wonder if they were just stationed somewhere or charged with a crime and sent to a penal colony.
If I am throwing too many topics together, I apoligize; but I read that in some parts of Berlin especially, some Russian units took over a large section of the city for their own garrison after the war was over, and would not comply with orders from headquarters to return to the fold, but that pitched battles occurred when the Russian authorities tried to enforce their behavior.

Again, if any books are available on these matters, I would be happy to receive any information about that. Thanks.
geneo2556

Re: Requesting permission to post in this section & other rules

Post by geneo2556 »

An online book, worth reading, involves mass rapes by both the Russians and the Nazies, and can be found at

http://www.victimsheroessurvivors.info/ ... vivors.pdf