the lingering shadow

Bundeswehr, DDR and military related discussions on the German armed forces post-1945 to today.
Quelimane

Re: the lingering shadow

Post by Quelimane »

John,

I agree.

Perhaps it would be better to delete all references here to this irrelevant issue?

Q
John W. Howard

Post by John W. Howard »

Hello Quelimane:
I wouldn't call any of these posts "irrelevant", they are just off-topic and let us drift from the purpose of this site. We could go on for days referring to various attrocities and injustices by one people or nation against another, but in the end all we would prove is that people can be real ba*tards to their fellow human beings and it really does not matter what nation they hail from :( Best wishes.
John W. Howard
Quelimane

Post by Quelimane »

Irrelevant and off topic are the same thing in this context.

The Tasmanian issue would be both relevant and on topic on its own thread, but is neither here, where it is simply being used as a red herring to distract attention from the thread's actual subject.

I also think it does "matter what nation they hail from". The British cannot be held equally responsible for whatever the Germans may or may not have done to the Jews, and the Germans cannot be held equally responsible for what the British may or not have done to the Tasmanian Aboriginals.

If accusations are to be flung around without regard to the facts then we can learn nothing from history and are doomed to repeat the errors of our forefathers.

Q