Feldgrau author: Prit Buttar

Discussion, background, reviews, and critical analysis of works by Feldgrau.net members who are published authors.
Prit
Contributor

Feldgrau author: Prit Buttar

Post by Prit »

Dear friends

My book, Battlefield Prussia, is published today in UK and next week in USA, after over seven years of work. It wouldn't have been possible without your generous help; my thanks to you all.

Prit

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battleground-Pr ... 262&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Battleground-Prus ... 317&sr=1-1
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Re: Feldgrau author: Prit Buttar

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Yet again, success! My congratulations, Dr. Prit!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Richard Hargreaves
Author

Post by Richard Hargreaves »

It's published. I'm reading it. And it is first-class. :up: I shall post a fuller review in due course on here and on Amazon once I've digested a bit more. :[]

One small thing - the picture on the back of the dust jacket looks very suspiciously like a sequence Baltermanz took in Breslau, the most famous of which is Tschaikovsky Germany 1945; a group of Ivans standing around a piano in a collapsed house:

Of course all fallen down houses with Red Army troops in them could look the same! So I may be (and frequently am) wrong.
No-one who speaks German could be an evil man
Rotanhäntäpistin
Supporter

Post by Rotanhäntäpistin »

I´m hoping to get my copy soon. Now I hope the book is grabbed up by everyone and his brother to convince Osprey that they can do well with proper hardbacks as well! Especially as the price seems very fair.
donwhite
Contributor

Post by donwhite »

I'm also anxiously awaiting my copy from Amazon - More so as Kamen Nevenkin's book on the similiar topic appears to have had its publication date put back again (according to Amazon)!
Anyway congratulations Prit on the publication of the title.

cheers
Stephan H.
Contributor

Post by Stephan H. »

Congrats Prit on publishing this title! I am also anxiously awaiting the arrival of your book. Hopefully the success of this title opens the door for other Osprey hardbacks.

I'm glad to hear that Richard is enjoying it, as that can only mean good things seeing how well versed he is on the subject of the Endkampf. :wink:

donwhite - You shouldn't have to wait too long for Kamen's new book on the topic. Many of Helion's titles published in their fall lineup (including mine) were delayed, but for only a month.

Stephan
Prit
Contributor

Post by Prit »

Thank you all for your kind words.

The book was a huge document when it was finished, and much of the final year was spent in trimming it down to an acceptable size. This resulted in some painful pruning; I have placed some of the pruned segments, together with some additional maps, on my new website http://www.buttar.org.uk

Prit
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Prit - Thanks for the link to your very interesting Web site. I suggest that other authors here take a look and consider doing the same thing.

John
Richard Hargreaves
Author

Post by Richard Hargreaves »

Indeed it is an excellent idea. I've been meaning to create my own for ages, with excisions, unfinished segments and the like but writing these verdammt books always gets in the way... :(
No-one who speaks German could be an evil man
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Richard Hargreaves wrote:...but writing these verdammt books always gets in the way... :(
But isn't that the cart getting in the way of the horse, getting in the way of the driver?
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

I see that Prit's book is now available on Amazon's US site.

http://www.amazon.com/Battleground-Prus ... 317&sr=1-1

The price is very reasonable and I ordered a copy. It's curious that five Used copies have suddendly become available and the sale price is higher than for a new copy!

John
Stephan H.
Contributor

Post by Stephan H. »

Prit - My copy just arrived. Impressive research. It really looks good (and feels good--nice size). I'm glad you added some material on Pomerania (Chap 10) as I have a particular interest in this former geographic area of Germany. Perhaps you could write a second volume on Pomerania alone?

Nice job and best of luck with this book!

Cheers,
Stephan
pimberg
Supporter

Post by pimberg »

I got my copy a couple of days ago. Haven't completed reading it yet but at this stage I am very impressed. Congratulations Prit and thanks.

Peter (Melbourne)
Mansal D

Post by Mansal D »

Hello Dr. Buttar, congratulations on your publication. I wish you the best of luck on your book sales. I see from your website that it is going to be a great book and I cannot wait to get my copy!

Best regards, Mansal
laurence strong
Supporter

Post by laurence strong »

Book arived today :up: now to sit back and enjoy. :D