Feldgrau Author Phil Nix

Discussion, background, reviews, and critical analysis of works by Feldgrau.net members who are published authors.
Phil Nix

Feldgrau Author Phil Nix

Post by Phil Nix »

My book "The Uniformed Police Forces of the Third Reich" written jointly with Georges Jerome
Phil Nix
Mansal D

Re: Feldgrau Author Phil Nix

Post by Mansal D »

Why hasn't Phil Nix been upgraded to having his own sticky thread? Just out of curiosity if there is some sort of requirement I am missing.
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Phil - Thanks for reminding us of your book. I received my copy as a gift from my good friend and noted Waffen-SS historian Lennart Westberg, who is also a police officer in Sweden. The book was excellent and my only regret was that it was not hard bound.
Phil-Nix-Book.jpg
Phil-Nix-Book.jpg (20.86 KiB) Viewed 11523 times
Mansal - There is no special requirement for having a sticky thread on this forum other than the person be a Feldgrau member and have actually published a book. Early on I was trying to include as many authors as possible, even from those Feldgrau members who did not have much of a posting history on the boards. One has only to look at the threads here to see the result of including authors who have not been very active Feldgrau members. The purpose of this forum is to generate discussion and not to serve as a For Sale section. If you are a Feldgrau member who is an author or about to become one and have mainly been a lurker here I feel that it would be more appropriate just to post a notice of your publication in the Books and Reviews forum.
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Here is a scan of the back cover of the book where information about the authors and content can be found. Perhaps Phil could tell us something about how the book has been received among its readers. What was the reaction among current and former members of the German Polizei?

John
Phil-Nix-Book---2.jpg
Phil-Nix-Book---2.jpg (144.76 KiB) Viewed 11521 times
Mansal D

Post by Mansal D »

Thank you for the clarification. I now understand. Thank you for the information on the book also.
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

The volume has "it and a bag of chips" on the Orpo, from major elements and commands to those aspects few would consider part of the Police but they were.

My favorite chapter of the book is the breakdown of the complete Hauptamt Orp, with each office function, commanders, when the offices were added, deleted, or combined with others.

Mark