May I introduce myself ?
I am not strictly an Author, but a passionate people on the military operations of WW2 in the Mediterranean Area.
I wrote several articles (in french unfortunately) for french military history review :
- the italian armored units in Northern Africa at the beginning of the War in two parts (Batailles & Blindés n° 13 and 14) ;
- the paracudisti : italian airborne units (Ligne de Front n° 1) ;
- participation to a file on Axis units in Sicily in 1943 (Ligne de Front n° 2) ;
- the Bardia and Halfaya siege in december 41 and january 42 (Batailles & Blindés n°25)
and several little articles (2 pages) on different books on military history in various areas or periods (Glantz, van Creveld, Jentz, von Mellenthin, Bartov...).
I wrote also two special issue (magazine of bigger size on one operation) :
- a special issue : the Afrikakorps in 1941 (BATAILLES & BLINDES HS n°6 - 132 pages more than 200 pictures mostly unpublished) ;
- the latest one : the second volume on Afrikakorps in 1942 (BATAILLES & BLINDES HS n° 8 - 146 pages with more than 180 pictures, maps, colors profiles and drawings for modellers...).
I am now working on different projects :
- The Axis's strategical offensive in Mediterranean in 1942 (Malta - Gazala - Eastern Mediterranean Sea) ;
- The german heavy artillery in North Africa.
As you must realize, my english is far from perfect, and I present you my apologizes in advance.
I am very glad to be part of your forum, as I am in some others forums (with always the same pseudo : "13eme DBLE").