Feldgrau Author: Mark C Yerger

Discussion, background, reviews, and critical analysis of works by Feldgrau.net members who are published authors.
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Re: Feldgrau Author: Mark C Yerger

Post by Mark C Yerger »

Publisher prefers I give details and Table of Contents after a volume is completed and turned into him for printing.

Meanwhile, needed are photos and document copies for the various divisions, GC holders, regiment commanders (not KC or GC winners), Ia.

Best
Mark
Gastolli

Post by Gastolli »

Mark C Yerger wrote:Publisher prefers I give details and Table of Contents after a volume is completed and turned into him for printing.
Best
Mark

Hello Mark,

o.k., I can wait, but would like to see a new volume every month :D

Just a joke, keep on with your good work :up:

Oliver
Michael Miller / ABR
Author

Post by Michael Miller / ABR »

I've just received my copy. Can only echo the praise already given here. It is extremely unlikely anyone will ever usurp Mark Yerger's position as the preeminent biographical historian of the Waffen-SS. Exquisite in every way- well-written, solidly researched, very interesting subject matter, lavishly illustrated, superb binding and presentation by Roger Bender-- Very pleased with it, and give it all the highest possible marks. Must also note that Mark has, for 11 years, been of great assistance to me in getting my own work published and improving the quality of my manuscripts.

Sincerely,
~ Mike
"I am a historian before I am a Christian; my object is simply to find out how the things actually occurred."

~Leopold von Ranke, 19th Century German Historian
nord

Post by nord »

hi mark
your vol 3 bookis ex very well done
looking forward to the next one
nord
Regiment Norge
Supporter

Post by Regiment Norge »

Hi!

As a supplier of both photos and information on the last volume of DKiG holders to the NORDLAND I am pleased to se that Mark has used this information in his last book. It has turned out very well indeed. Photos of NORDLAND are hard to find and I only know the existence of these two photos of NORGE holders (Kutsch/Theilacker). Sorry that the original photo are in a bad shape. If only an expert in photoshop could work on these images and refresh them.......

Always when printing a book a lot of information appear afterwards. This I guess this will be published in the addendum in the next book.

Information came to me today that in Denmark there are now published a book on Sören KAM using unknown photos and documents - author is Erik Haaest.

Regards
Regiment Norge
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

A photo of Otto Weidinger and I in the mid-1980s.
Attachments
MarkOtto.jpg
MarkOtto.jpg (121.13 KiB) Viewed 5694 times
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

Nice photo.
Your obviously well liked :D
Annelie

Post by Mark C Yerger »

We were very close friends. He's still often remembered, both for that and as an influence on me as a writer/historian. An amazing man.

Mark
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

"German Cross in Gold Holders of the SS and Police" Volume 4 (SS Cavalry) is now at the printer. The book is printed in Korea and as all know, the entire country basically shuts down for 2 weeks in January for the Chinese New Year. I'll add a note when the books arrive in the USA.

Below is the text of the eventual ad flyer by Bender Publishing and the cover image:

Volume 4 of the series encompasses the SS Cavalry, the original Brigade as well as “Florian Geyer” and “Maria Theresia.” Full biographies for the German Cross holders, to include the award proposals, are included along with a wealth of tangent data. Senior commanders are examined as well as senior staff officers, all chapters documenting numerous new details and correcting previously accepted information. The prewar Allgemeine-SS cavalry is covered along with Battle Groups “Z” and “Zehender,” like the primary units their personnel and development is included along with details of relevant cavalry facilities. Many previously unexamined element commanders and other cavalry related personnel have biographical data incorporated within the text. Honor Clasp and Close Combat Clasp in Gold holders, Orders of Battle, Feldpost lists, and an addendum to previous volumes complete the study. The 368 pages supported by 151 illustrations add new depth to the history of these units. Foreword by Hugh Page Taylor.
Attachments
8SSGCCover_FinalC.jpg
8SSGCCover_FinalC.jpg (45.25 KiB) Viewed 5434 times
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

That's a great choice for the cover Mark and I am constantly amazed by how you come up with interesting new photos. Who is the SS-Sturmbannführer on the cover with the DKiG?

John
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

Thanks John

Cover image is Arthur Kessler, German Cross holder for actions leading the 1./Panzerjäger Abteilung as a component of Kampfgruppe "Z" (elements of the SS-Kavallerie Division/Florian Geyer).
pimberg
Supporter

Post by pimberg »

FANTASTIC news Mark. You're one of the very very few researchers/authors that breaks new ground.
I can't wait to receive a copy of Volume 4.
Uncle Joe
Enthusiast

Post by Uncle Joe »

Haven´t previous volumes been printed in Korea? In general, so far I find the quality of Korean printed books better than Chinese printed ones.
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

Korea is correct, but they still shut down for the Chinese New Year. My mistake.
Marc Rikmenspoel
Enthusiast

Post by Marc Rikmenspoel »

I too am looking forward to this, thanks for the update, Mark!