Feldgrau Author: Mark C Yerger

Discussion, background, reviews, and critical analysis of works by Feldgrau.net members who are published authors.
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Re: Feldgrau Author: Mark C Yerger

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello Mark!

I'm eagerly looking forward the fifth volume in this excellent series of yours! I have the first four books (as well as your book on the DKiS holders) and your level of minute biographical detail is truly remarkable. So now it's time for the Polizei-Division and it's holders of the DKiG... A sure buy indeed! When do you think it could hit the book stands?

I'm happy and relieved to hear that you are recovering and I look forward to the completion of your well researched biographical approach on award holders in the Waffen-SS and the Polizei. Have I understood you correctly that it will be an 11 volume series of books on completion?

With the best of regards,

Christian
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

Managed to get all done, in, designed,proofed, and now out of my hands for volume 5 before two new surgeries I must deal with soon. :up: So I'll be "out of the loop" again while dealing with those medical issues. A big problem for the volume 5 delay was incompatibility with publisher's design software, both initially and an unusual amount of design corrections that needed to be done. I'm never behind in my own self imposed schedule and deadline. An October/November 2010 release, Polizei Division was always a high interest unit for me. The book covers in detail development of the division's elements, probably the most complicated of the major Waffen-SS divisions. A very complex history of a very historically overlooked formation. Honor Clasp and Close Combat Clasp in Gold holders, Feldpost lists, and an addendum of new data and images for the previous volumes continues as established in the series. 315 pages and 140 illustrations. Of course as always, publisher's are behind me and I'm half way through the next manuscript. 250 volume 5 copies will be signed and numbered, those wishing those can get on Bender Publishing's mail list here:
http://www.bender-publishing.com/Join.html

Mark C. Yerger

(click on the image to see full cover)
Attachments
4SSGC5 cover2B.jpg
4SSGC5 cover2B.jpg (85.12 KiB) Viewed 15713 times
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

It's very nice to hear from you Mark, and I do wish you the best of luck and fast recovery from these next operations. Your new book on the Polizei Division sounds very interesting and as you stated, a very overlooked unit by military historians! I'm looking forward to buy and read this latest book in your eminent series on the DKiG Holders... :D

Take care and have a speedy recovery!

With best regards from Sweden,

Christian, a k a Doktor Krollspell
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Just one more question Mark... What unit(s) and their holders of the DKiG are you planning to write about for Volume 6? And maybe Volume 7... :wink:

:[]
Scott Revell
Contributor

Post by Scott Revell »

Congrats Mark on No #5. I hope you are well and recover fast. I am hoping 6 & 7 are Hohenstaufen and Frundsberg Divisions!!!

Scott
Revellations

"A Bayonet has a worker at both ends"

http://www.defendingarnhem.com
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

Volume 6 is the 2nd half of the Polizei Division and independent Polizei units, as well as those non-divisional senior SS and Police leaders who won the Order.
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

Thanks Scott, though I count vol. 5 as the sixth in the series. The German Cross in Silver volume covered all holders but is unnumbered.
Scott Revell
Contributor

Post by Scott Revell »

Yes true indeed. Looking forward to the next one (regardless of its number - more interested in the contect :D )

Scott
Revellations

"A Bayonet has a worker at both ends"

http://www.defendingarnhem.com
pimberg
Supporter

Post by pimberg »

The upcoming volume on the German Cross Holders of the Polizei Division and Units should be extremely interesting and a must have to obtain. Relative to other divisions / units / personalities there is very little in detail avaliable on the SS-Polizei. Mark is one of those very rare authors/researchers that geniunely breaks new ground. I have no doubt this book will meet if not exceed (if that's at all possible) the quality of information Mark has provided in the previous volumes of this outstanding series. I don't know how he does it - but he does.

Mark, if you're reading this - is there any new update as to when the book is actually coming out? I know Bender Publishing is stating "Autumn" - but do we have a date yet? Publishers have a reputation in never meeting the time-frame of publication they advertise for a new book. Although I'm aware that Bender is traditionally not like that.
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

Peter

By phone recently he expects copies next month, customs is a nightmare on the east coast.

Best
Mark
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

Sorry to those who asked but I don't sell copies myself.

Those wanting personally inscribed volumes please contact Jack Hatter (he discounts also), his website with contact information is:

http://www.ww2bks.com/

Best,
Mark
Marc Rikmenspoel
Enthusiast

Post by Marc Rikmenspoel »

I'm glad it is finally available, it will be on my Christmas list to myself! And that's quite the touching Introduction by your sister. As an only child I never got to experience such a relationship, so congratulations on it.
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

Got my volume 5 copies a couple days ago for contributors.

Their cost and the postage bill to send them to those individuals was a shock :?

But since we have no longer have book rate to Europe at least they'll get there fast (airmail)

Now back to work on vol. 6..................
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

My copy just arrived in the mail. Looks very good at first glance and now I will probably miss the football game between Pittsburgh and Baltimore later today while I read the text!

John