Feldgrau Author: Mark C Yerger

Discussion, background, reviews, and critical analysis of works by Feldgrau.net members who are published authors.
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Re: Feldgrau Author: Mark C Yerger

Post by Mark C Yerger »

Stephan H. wrote:Mark - Congrats and best wishes of success on your new release in the series. While I have not purchased any of these yet, I am planning on hunting down a copy of your volume 2 that I believe covered Das Reich. I have a quick question about the volume--do you recall if you covered any veterans from 6/SSPz-GrenRgt "Deutschland" in the book?

Cheers,
Stephan
Volume 1 and 2 cover "Das Reich." Sorry, would have to read the total 800+ pages of those two books (actually all 5) to see all who were with the 6./D at some point in their varied careers. Most men served with multiple units. In volume 2, I recall that Sailer (commander), Stocker, and Woller served with the 6./D, but my mind is honestly mentally in volume 6. Exact details "off the top of my head" a bit much to retain. And keep in mind men are with the unit were the combats for the GC happened and many were with other units before or after. With the 5 Gold volumes having some 300+ German Cross bios, + bios for Honor Clasp and Gold Clasp, division commanders, Ia, and another three figure number of relative bios for non-GC awarded element commanders, it's a lot to memorize being some 1,800+ pages so far.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Mark, you could create one helluva data base out of all that information! Take a long while to type, though! :shock:
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Werner Damsch is another 6./Deutschland officer found in the "Das Reich" DKiG" books.
Stephan H.
Contributor

Post by Stephan H. »

Mark - Thanks for the information. I completely understand what it is like to be mentally engaged in a new project when someone asks you about what you penned a decade earlier! I didn't realize that both volumes I&II were "DR" so now I'll be on the hunt for both volumes.

John - when I pick up the books I'll be sure to look out for Werner Damsch. I have an interest in 6./Deutschland's activity during the summer of 1943, but other than George Nipe's book there is scant information out there in secondary sources.

Cheers,
Stephan
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

Tom Houlihan wrote:Mark, you could create one helluva data base out of all that information! Take a long while to type, though! :shock:
Thanks, but the books themselves are more than enough to deal with. I already produce more than most on a regular basis.
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

Other than a few long time friends such as John Moore, I'll be off the grid and not replying PMs or e-mail until late January.

I had a heart attack Dec 5th and am moving in January to a new residence due to that event.

Best holiday wishes,
Mark
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

We are very sorry to hear about your heart attack and hope for a quick recovery!
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

All the very best Mark.
Annelie

Re:

Post by charlieboy »

mark
you take care now and get well soon
best wishes
micky
Charles Trang
Supporter

Post by Charles Trang »

We all hope you will recover quickly.
Best wishes,
Charles
John W. Howard

Post by John W. Howard »

Hello Mark:
I just purchased one of your books and was going to PM you with a few comments, but I will hold off until you are better. The biographical data is excellent and so are the photos. Great work, Mark. Best wishes.
John W. Howard
nord

Post by nord »

hi Mark
get well soon and take care of your self
nord
Marc Rikmenspoel
Enthusiast

Post by Marc Rikmenspoel »

Very sorry to read about further health troubles, all the best with your recovery and for the new year!
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

Slowly but sure, things progress.

I've mailed back to the publisher the first 175 corrected design pages for volume 5
of "German Cross in Gold Holders of the SS and Police."

Damn IBM to MAC problems compatability stalled everything, and even the designed pages showed a lot I thought
would be eliminated with the massive time I spent encoding, etc. Add to that a rather complicated as well as detailed book covering both a division and a simultaneously existing Battle Group.

Will post the cover when I have it, can't be done till design finished, and sent some additional photos
to be used at the end of biographies that have a space allowing them to fit.

My own favorite two areas are the Ia chapter and the biography is that for Günther Anhalt,
the book covering Polizei Division as well as the independent Police Unit German Cross in Gold holders.

Mark
Scott Revell
Contributor

Post by Scott Revell »

I am looking forward to the Next Volume. Glad to see you are back online Mark!!

Scott
Revellations

"A Bayonet has a worker at both ends"

http://www.defendingarnhem.com