Feldgrau Author: Mark C Yerger

Discussion, background, reviews, and critical analysis of works by Feldgrau.net members who are published authors.
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Re: Feldgrau Author: Mark C Yerger

Post by Mark C Yerger »

Literally expecting my volume 7 copies now (I'm never first) need a poll replied from those who read the German Cross series.

I need a poll of a couple hundred readers of my German Cross series.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR REPLY HERE

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR E-MAIL ME YOUR PREFERENCE AT MY NORMAL CONTACT ADDRESS.

PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL THE PUBLISHER.

THERE IS A BELOW SPECIFIC MAIL ADDRESS FOR THE INFORMATION

There are various factors involved in deciding, including current postage rates, print/bind costs, etc. The "Totenkopf" volumes will be two 500+ pages volumes in Bender's normal format. In a larger 8.5 x 11 format they would be two 400+ pages volumes.
Larger format allows larger images, the sole factor for considering that size. Personally I have arguments for both.

But with 90% unpublished photos and most of sufficient quality to be considerably larger than the typical 6x9 book format illustration, opinions of the readership are wanted. The "Totenkopf" volumes expanded in text content far beyond any past or future volumes as well.

This being posted on other forums so
please only reply 1 time.

Please send the following to the below e-mail ONLY:

Name
country you are located in
e-mail address
preference between 6x9 and 8.5 x 11 format

send to:

[email protected]

Deepest thanks,
Mark C. Yerger
dgc47

Post by dgc47 »

Email sent to address given with preferred preference.
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

Having just gotten off phone with equally frustrated publisher, he awaits the call from customs for picking up vol. 7. Unfortunately, since 9-11 and new regulations, it must look like D-Day of the coast of California as ships await unloading with no system in place to tell customers their cargo is here awaiting clearance. But flyer came, attached in 3 parts with a sale in conjunction with the price increase needed after 12+ years.
Attachments
file214.jpg
file214.jpg (113.8 KiB) Viewed 15368 times
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

part II
Attachments
file217.jpg
file217.jpg (69.24 KiB) Viewed 15368 times
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

and the last area with sale
Attachments
file216.jpg
file216.jpg (251.92 KiB) Viewed 15368 times
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

Book received well as to content, though I never understand why some in Australia and other distant places seem to get their copies as fast (or faster) than those I mail inside the US.

Having sent a final group off photos to publisher to try and add to the nearly finished design layout for volume 8, I am considerably further ahead regards what I am actually doing now.

Hugh Page Taylor has done the Foreword to first Totenkopf volume while I just finished an expanded glossary to be used in both Totenkopf I and II. Hoping to find images with his help for some of the missing commanders in the volume II Totenkopfstandarten chapter.

Best,
Mark
Charles Trang
Supporter

Post by Charles Trang »

I have just finished the reading of Mark's latest book. Outstanding, as usual ! I just can't wait for the next volume.
Charles Trang
Supporter

Post by Charles Trang »

By the way, Mark wrote that Harald Gerres occupied some unknown functions before taking command of 6.Kp./Westland during the summer of 1944. Gerres was SS-Pz.Gren.Rgt.10 "Westland" 's Adjutant in July 1944 as it is noted in the KTB of I./SS-Pz.Rgt.5.
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

"German Cross in Gold Holders of the SS and Police," volume 8 ("Wiking" part II) design now done, due from the printer February 2015.

378 pages
191 illustrations

see attached cover (must click to see full image)

That's all for now, back to work.

Best wishes,
Mark C. Yerger
Attachments
vol 8 cover finalb.jpg
vol 8 cover finalb.jpg (75.57 KiB) Viewed 14650 times
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

volume 1 released (512 pages)
volume 2 (366 pages) in a few months (May/June 2016)

Elaborate specifics for both on publisher website, Helion & Co:
http://www.helion.co.uk/totenkopf-the-s ... ume-1.html
Attachments
Totenkopf-vol 1 cover.jpg
Totenkopf-vol 1 cover.jpg (947.91 KiB) Viewed 13108 times
vol II cover.jpg
vol II cover.jpg (575.15 KiB) Viewed 13108 times
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Volume 1 of the Totenkopf Division was one of the most outstanding books on the Waffen-SS that I have ever read. I especially appreciated the detailed and extensive Endnotes which I read before the main text. As usual with Mark Yerger books, the multitude of original high-quality photos is truly exceptional. Highly recommended. I am eagerly awaiting Vol. 2.
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

Description of my next volume (following "Totenkopf" volume 2 that releases mid-June) as well as what is next, assuming success with my big summer goal.

My designed copy and the other materials for the German Army volume are now being converted by Kim McSweeney for Helion & Co. Description and cover as follows:

"Honoring Those They Led" examines specific points and groups within a massive subject; Commanding Generals of WW II German field commands with those primarily studied being among those presented one or more of their highest combat decorations by Adolf Hitler. A lengthy opening chapter provides in-depth details on a diversity of subjects including specifics of the five senior ranks of the German Army, from Generalmajor to Generalfeldmarschall, that combined totaled some 2,000 officers. Information along with privately owned award documents are shown to fully understand the process and granting of Germany's highest awards for bravery or leadership; the Knight's Cross, German Cross in Gold, and Roll of Honor Clasp. Other topics include the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht, Oberkommando des Heeres, Generalstabes des Heeres, and their key personnel. Changes in command level responsibilities as the war progressed as a result of Hitler's appointments and operational planning are discussed. Encompassing all senior ranks, examples within the chapter include those from the largest group; officers who attained General rank after the war started with focus on those awarded one or more of their highest decorations for their initial command. Chapters follow on the primary advisors to field commanders; the First Staff Officers and Chiefs of Staff of higher commands. Then the presenting of awards by field commanders is discussed and the wartime status of recipients including numerous images of a field presentation of the Knight's Cross. Representing the countries allied with Germany; the decorated Spanish commanders of the 250.Infanterie Division are then detailed. With careers that include commands from Division to Heeresgruppe, 34 field commanders are then examined in individual chapters. All were recipients of the Oakleaves, Swords, or Diamonds to the Knight's Cross with visual details included of one or more of their award presentations by Hitler. With detailed military service specifics presented in this oversized-format volume, the data begins at the start of their lengthy military careers. Many joined the Army before WW I and saw combat in the Great War before serving with the Reichswehr that became the Wehrmacht on May 21, 1935. Details include assignments and units with their development, decorations, promotions, predecessors and successors. The information is enhanced with primarily previously unpublished images including autographed photos and award documents given to or signed by them. Among the material included are all the award and promotion documents from both World Wars given to a divisional commander of "Grossdeutschland." These nearly three dozen General ranks range from famous names to more obscure commanders who had significant impact in the field, their skills frequently resulting in being appointed as successors to more well-known officers in command appointments as the war progressed. A Gallery chapter concludes the volume, incorporating images and documents of personnel related to the various categories of the study that were not incorporated with the study. A wealth of information for both history readers and collectors. Glossary, bibliography, and name index for finding entries pertaining to more than 300 command personnel. Large format, hardbound, 260 pages with over 300 illustrations[/b]

Leaving in 2 weeks for the summer to complete the archive research for my first 2 of 5 volumes on the SS and Ordnungspolizei Main Offices; it's FAR cheaper to rent a VERY small cat-friendly apartment (with a pool) near the facility than to buy the insane volume of records I need to look through. And getting older I hate distance driving so better now rather than later. So won't be able to reply much until my data gaps filled, especially from RSHA files, and the texts for these 2 completed:

"The Main Command Offices of the SS and Ordnungspolizei; Hauptamt, Führungshauptamt, Hauptamt Ordnungspolizei, Rasse- und Siedlungshauptamt, Reichssicherheitshauptamt, Hauptamt Persönlicher Stab "Reichsführer-SS," Hauptamt SS-Gericht, Hauptamt Reichskommissar für die Festigung Deutschen Volksturms, Hauptamt Volksdeutsche Mittelstelle, Personalhauptamt, Dienstelle SS-Obergruppenführer Heissmeyer, and Wirtschafts- und Verwaltungshauptamt," volume 1, "1929-1940; The SS-Amt, SS-Hauptamt, and Creation of the SS-Führungshauptamt"

and

"The Main Command Offices of the SS and Ordnungspolizei; Hauptamt, Führungshauptamt, Hauptamt Ordnungspolizei, Rasse- und Siedlungshauptamt, Reichssicherheitshauptamt, Hauptamt Persönlicher Stab "Reichsführer-SS," Hauptamt SS-Gericht, Hauptamt Reichskommissar für die Festigung Deutschen Volksturms, Hauptamt Volksdeutsche Mittelstelle, Personalhauptamt, Dienstelle SS-Obergruppenführer Heissmeyer, and Wirtschafts- und Verwaltungshauptamt," volume 2, "SS Intelligence, Security, and Economics; The Reichssicherheitshauptamt and Wirtschafts- und Verwaltungshauptamt"

Best,
Mark
Attachments
Army cover.jpg
Army cover.jpg (372.99 KiB) Viewed 12767 times
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

Post by Mark C Yerger »

And volume 2 of Totenkopf being printed, just jacket below. Will be out in June.

Best
Mark
Attachments
vol 2 cover.jpg
vol 2 cover.jpg (699.66 KiB) Viewed 12697 times
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Mark Yerger died on September 6, 2016 at the age of 61.
Prosper Vandenbroucke
Enthusiast

Post by Prosper Vandenbroucke »

R.I.P. Sir,