New Book on the German Armed Forces

Discussion, background, reviews, and critical analysis of works by Feldgrau.net members who are published authors.
Antonio J Munoz
Author

New Book on the German Armed Forces

Post by Antonio J Munoz »

Dear Feldgrau readers:

I'd like to announce that after seven years of research, my book on the history of the Geheime Feldpolizei (Secret Field Police) will be published by McFarland Publishers in December 2017 or January 2018. You can actually pre-order the book through Amazon.com.
The book is titled "The German Secret Field Police in Greece, 1941-1944". While the book covers the activities of the GFP in Greece, there are chapters on the GFP in the West (France, Low Countries, and Scandinavia) as well as the East (mainly USSR). The reason for this is that I compared the actions and activities of the GFP in Greece and compared it to their actions in other regions of Europe. The book contains chapters on the specific personnel of the GFP in Greece, and the organization of the GFP there, as well as elsewhere.

Thank you.
Dr. Antonio J. Munoz
John W. Howard

Re: New Book on the German Armed Forces

Post by John W. Howard »

Sounds interesting, Antonio. In your research did you run across Professor John Hondros' work on the German occupation of Greece?? I believe he was consulted about Kurt Waldheim's activities in Greece. He was a professor of mine many years ago!! Best wishes.
John W. Howard
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Thanks for the heads up Antonio. I'll read this book for sure since I will be in Greece next May. Hopefully, this book contains information about the deserved retribution by the Greek partisans against the German invader.

John
panzermahn
Associate

Post by panzermahn »

John P. Moore wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:03 pm Thanks for the heads up Antonio. I'll read this book for sure since I will be in Greece next May. Hopefully, this book contains information about the deserved retribution by the Greek partisans against the German invader.

John
I am not quite sure what this means "deserved retribution by the Greek partisans against the German invader" has anything to do with the book's topic on Geheime Feldpolizei.
Antonio J Munoz
Author

Post by Antonio J Munoz »

I believe the author of the post (John P. Moore) intended to imply that the book might contain descriptions of Greeks fighting Germans in anti-partisan drives. Actually the majority of the book deals with the organization of the GFP in Greece, as well as individual member biographies, and GFP operations in Greece. These actions are then compared to GFP comportment and behavior in the West (France, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway), and the East (USSR).