Massmurder

A place for off-topic posts not related to this website. All messages are purged frequently.
Zepp
Supporter

Massmurder

Post by Zepp » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:25 pm

Der Adolf war keiner Gutem Mann!
That we all know.
But how is it with the english empire?
How many millions people did they kill,in the colonies?
The french? Belgians?Hollenders?
Not to defend Das Dritte Reich, but Hitler was not the first and not the worst!
Baden Powell,who started the Scouts,used to go hunting negroes in Afrika,and put their heads on poles around his campsite.
Later we can talk about all this nations oppinion on the Jewes.
Sveinung
ps:and the worst:stalin!!!
s
I newer was the man I used to be!

Ronald Lameck
Supporter

Re: Massmurder

Post by Ronald Lameck » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:47 pm

It is definitely true, as said in the Bible: Let the one of you who is without sin cast the first stone. Hitler & the 3rd Reich make a convenient punching bag to play with so that the various other nations can conceal and forget their own sins and perhaps even try to pretend that they never happened. It's always easy to make yourself look good when the other side is no longer around to state their side of the matter. So much for "audi alteram partem." More people need to look in the mirror and read books such as Hannah Arendt's "Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of Evil" and Phillip Zimbardo's "The Lucifer Efect". History is a long, unbroken chain of misery perpetrated by on upon the other.

phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:06 am

Zepp

1/ what has...
Baden Powell,who started the Scouts,used to go hunting negroes in Afrika,and put their heads on poles around his campsite.
...got to do with WWII?

2/ We have a War Crimes Section here for such discussions where they verge on WWII...and

3/ The Section deals wth Wehrmacht/German war crimes or alleged war crimes. When posting there please note the Section rules.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds

Zepp
Supporter

Post by Zepp » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:38 am

I`m so sorry,if I was the first to break that rule! :shock:
You can always exclude me.
I newer was the man I used to be!

lwd
Enthusiast

Post by lwd » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:42 am

Zepp wrote:....
Did they kill millions? Sources PLS. Then there's the question of how we count the numbers of saved.
Not to defend Das Dritte Reich, but Hitler was not the first and not the worst!
Really? I agree that he wasn't the first. It's not at all clear however that he wasn't the worst. By the way your phrasing is an implicit defence of the Nazis.
Baden Powell,who started the Scouts,used to go hunting negroes in Afrika,and put their heads on poles around his campsite. ...
Somehow I think we are missing part of the story here. Some sources and context would be nice.

Hans
Associate

Post by Hans » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:50 pm

Amazing how defensive people get. :wink:
Was haben wir für dich gewollt
Du deutsches Vaterland?
- H Gehr IR 21./17.ID

lwd
Enthusiast

Post by lwd » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:39 am

Hans wrote:Amazing how defensive people get. :wink:
Amazing how some try to deflect relevant questions and request with personal references isn't it?
FYI I'm not English, French, Belgian, or Dutch so what have I got to be defensive about? What it does look like I'm seeing here is the old denier's strategy of saying everyone else did it to. It doesn't fly. I suspect the mods won't care for it much either.

John W. Howard

Post by John W. Howard » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:16 pm

Without a doubt every nation on earth has some dirty laundry they would rather not discuss. I think then the argument devolves to weighing one group of attrocities against another. Germany has 12-13 Million people on their blotter. The Soviet Union many more millions. The Communist Chinese many millions. Colonialism: who knows?? But, please factor in the positives of the colonial influence. Because other nations have odious incidents in their past, in no way gives Hitler a pass. He was a complex individual who led his nation to destruction and stained German honor for years to come. He had contempt for the German people at the end, and to me that is inexcusable. They gave their all in service to a leader not worthy of their trust and devotion, leaving their bodies scattered across the globe in a vain quest to bring Herr Hitler's bizarre world view to fruition.
John W. Howard

Hans
Associate

Post by Hans » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:24 pm

Well said John. I do miss our own John Howard. :D

- Hans
Was haben wir für dich gewollt
Du deutsches Vaterland?
- H Gehr IR 21./17.ID