Ivanhoe!

A place for off-topic posts not related to this website. All messages are purged frequently.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Ivanhoe!

Post by phylo_roadking »

Apparently the Antony Andrews' version of Ivanhoe (1982) has been shown on Swedish television every New Years Day (1st of January) for many years now...can anyone tell me why???
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Re: Ivanhoe!

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Well Phylo, we Swedes have seen the same Walt Disney Christmas show on exactly the same time, 3 pm, on Christmas Eve for something like 40 years now... Swedish Christmas celebration rotates around this Holy TV event without interruption. The family Christmas dinner, opening of the gifts etc... Everything is planned with the Disney TV Show at the center of the Universe. :shock:

And one good thing with the "Ivanhoe" movie every god damn New Years Day... it sports Sam Neill as the evil Templar Brian de Bois-Gilbert! :up: I have to admit that I've seen it more than once, or twice, or... :roll: After to many :beer: , feeling like %E or @{ and to tired to start the new year with :[] ... So "Ivanhoe" has become a typical Swedish "tradition"... :wink:

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
phylo_roadking
Patron

Re: Ivanhoe!

Post by phylo_roadking »

But of ALL verions....! I have to admit to preferring both the original all-star version - and the mid '90s BBC mini-series version.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds