Are You Smarther than a Fifth Grader?

A place for off-topic posts not related to this website. All messages are purged frequently.
Einsamer_Wolf
Banned

Are You Smarther than a Fifth Grader?

Post by Einsamer_Wolf »

Has anyone seen this? I have seen excerpts, and cannot help but think it is scripted. This schmuck of a Cowboys fan did not know that 0 C degrees is 32 F:

http://video.aol.com/partner/hulu/are-y ... yWCa_PgxeR

I have a hunch that a lot of the cheereladers feigned false answers as well.

Most obvious is the infamous Kellie Pickler appearance. In this bit she suggests that Europe is a country and that Budapest is the Capital of France:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lmgNqFuXwc

Now I may be renowned and this forum and elsewhere for my pessimism about humanity, but no one is this stupid--methinks it is staged like quiz show. WHAT SAY YOU?

EW
Mögen die Flammen unserer Begeisterung niemals zum Erlöschen kommen.
Dragunov
Associate
Location: Ottawa, The True North Strong And Free (and rather cold)

Post by Dragunov »

well, i didn't know that 0 celsius was 32 F (haha, but i do know that -40 is the same, and 100F is something like 35C)... but no one uses farenheit here, they most certainly don't teach it and i'm a tad of a crap4brains meself. okay, i'm not...

In this bit she suggests that Europe is a country and that Budapest is the Capital of France:
a girl in my French class was asked to name a neighboring country of Cambodia. she didn't know where Cambodia is. no big deal, they're rather far off and not to well known. the teacher then told her to name a country in Asia that could be possibly near. she didn't answer, the rest of us rattled off the names we knew, Vietnam, Malaysia Thailand... and what did she say? she said in a very uncomfortable voice: europe...?

:roll:
When Stalin says "Dance" a wise man dances.- Nikita Kruschev
lwd
Enthusiast

Post by lwd »

Dragunov wrote:... but no one uses farenheit here, they most certainly don't teach it ...
If you tune your TV to one of the sations from the country to your South you will find that this is incorrect. It's still the standard format on weather reports "down" here and is most defintitely still taught in our schools.
Dragunov
Associate
Location: Ottawa, The True North Strong And Free (and rather cold)

Post by Dragunov »

but no one uses farenheit here, they most certainly don't teach it
incorrect for you, but correct for your neighbors to the north.

hell, we have to use inches in wood shop class... cause all the machines are calibrated in inches and the lumber is in inches too. why? why not arshins while you're at it...
When Stalin says "Dance" a wise man dances.- Nikita Kruschev
lwd
Enthusiast

Post by lwd »