England in RWC Final

A place for off-topic posts not related to this website. All messages are purged frequently.
Andy H
Associate

England in RWC Final

Post by Andy H »

Clucking hell

Can't bloody believe it.

Slaughtered by South Africa then a slow rise against Samoa and Tonga, a huge victory against the fancied Australian side, then a massive victory against France in Paris tonight. Role on the Pumas or Springboks

:D :D :D :D

Regards
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

And so as I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolour I must fear evil, For I am but mortal and mortals can only die
Cott Tiger
Associate

Post by Cott Tiger »

I still haven't got my voice back after cheering on the lads (in an Irish bar in Dusseldorf!!!!)
Up The Tigers!
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Waht happened next? Did everyone start singing "The Dambusters"??? :D :D :D
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

Cott Tiger wrote:I still haven't got my voice back after cheering on the lads (in an Irish bar in Dusseldorf!!!!)
puts our overpaid glamour football boys in the shade-again.

Obviously hope England win but just can't be sure of anything in this RWC.

Regards
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

And so as I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolour I must fear evil, For I am but mortal and mortals can only die
Cott Tiger
Associate

Post by Cott Tiger »

phylo_roadking wrote:Waht happened next? Did everyone start singing "The Dambusters"??? :D :D :D
Lol. Not quite. Just a good few hearty renditions of Swing Low. The Irish bar was the only place we could find that had the rugby on as the Germans were playing an international football match at the same time. We were lucky the Irish pub had two screens as Germany was playing Ireland!!!
Up The Tigers!
Cott Tiger
Associate

Post by Cott Tiger »

Andy H wrote:
Cott Tiger wrote:I still haven't got my voice back after cheering on the lads (in an Irish bar in Dusseldorf!!!!)
puts our overpaid glamour football boys in the shade-again.

Obviously hope England win but just can't be sure of anything in this RWC.

Regards
Hi Andy,

I think the Boks are clear favourites, but the English boys are just refusing to lay down and are showing amazing passion, discipline and experience to scrape through.

It would be a miracle if the underdogs can make one last push and cause one more huge upset to win it. Personally though, I think it might be a game too far.

Fingers, toes and everything else is crossed for Saturday night. I hope it isn't as tense a final as four years ago. It nearly killed me. But it was worth it. :beer: :up:
Up The Tigers!
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

Hi Cott

Well given that the overpaid footy players hit another false dawn tonight in Moscow, I hope that our Rugby players play with passion & heart, and keep plucking away until the last minute.

Swing Low

Andy H

Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

Well naturally down but not out.

Not a great game but plenty of passion though lacking direction on both sides at times. Silly England istakes gave the Boks 6pts, and no doubt the try that was but wasn't will dominate discussion in the future.

Sad to see that several of the English old guard are now hanging up there boots for good or just wont be around for another RWC. The young guns look good though raw at present for the future of the team.

NZ 2011 here we come

Regards

Troy Tempest
Enthusiast

Post by Troy Tempest »

Sorry I've just seen this Andy, THANK YOU SOUTH AFRICA!! :D But seriously, Rugby Union is a joke now IMHO. They should take a number of cues from Rugby League, first and foremost make field goals one point not three, make penalty goals two points not three. If I want to watch a football match that is won by kicking goals, I'll watch soccer. How many RU games are won these days by kicking goals instead of scoring tries?

Years ago in Rugby League, our field goals were worth two points, and their was won guy in particular who used to kick them all the time, sometimes winning matches just by doing that. That's not my idea of League, and it's not my idea of Union either. They should have a ten metre rule, make the opposing side get back ten, then we might have some more real running Rugby!

Congratulations to England on beating Australia, your pack was far superior to ours, so good on you. World cups should not be won by kicking goals, surely the emphasis should be on scoring tries?
Hello from sunny Port Macquarie
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

Hi Troy

Discussions are under way to make penalty kicks less than the current 3pts, to encourage running rugby.

Regards

Troy Tempest
Enthusiast

Post by Troy Tempest »

That's great news Andy! What about field/drop goals? They are supposed to be game breakers, you know, if it's a draw, one point is sufficient! :D
Hello from sunny Port Macquarie