Movie "On the Beach"

A place for off-topic posts not related to this website. All messages are purged frequently.
L. Kafka
Enthusiast

Movie "On the Beach"

Post by L. Kafka »

If you are fan of 'what if?" fare, this is a good one. The last ship in the US Navy sails to San Francisco Bay to see if anyone is left after a nuclear exchange providing a dark, somewhat comical surprise.

This movie plays on Turner Classic Movies on 27 Feb at 8ET/5PT. See tcm.com for the full schedule.

(If you want to know what the dark, comical surprise is, or saw this movie and forget, you can PM me so that I don't ruin it for others.)
"What are they going to do, send me to Vietnam?"
A oft heard GI refrain in Vietnam in '68.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

The poxy remake or the original classic Gregory Peck/Ava Gardner/Fred Astaire/Anthony Perkins one?
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Robert F. Rojas

RE: Movie "On the Beach".

Post by Robert F. Rojas »

Greetings to both brother L. Kafka and the community as a whole. Howdy L.K.! Well sir, in respect to your now vintage introductory posting of Tuesday - February 12, 2008 - 2:13pm, old yours truly had the privilege to view the original theatric debut of the classic film of ON THE BEACH from year 1959. It was a magnificent film for its time, but it also had to be one of the more depressing films that I've ever seen. The film certainly gave you pause to think about the world around you. Incidentally, over the course of the last five decades anyway, the film of ON THE BEACH is the only apocalyptic film that I have ever seen where the ENTIRE HUMAN SPECIES is subsequently wiped out. How about that for some sobering food for thought!? Well, that's my initial two cents worth on this celluloid topic from yesteryear - for now anyway. In any case, I would like to bid you an especially copacetic day up in the Evergreen State of Washington.

Best Regards,
Uncle Bob :idea: :( :up: :[]
It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it - Robert E. Lee