Map Question

Feldgrau's WWII operational map project, map research, archives, tools and techniques, and research requests.

Moderator: Abicht

Maus
Supporter

Map Question

Post by Maus »

Gentlemen,

I am looking at making some of my own maps of the German units in the occupied countries in the summer of 1941. My question is, where do I find decent maps of the countries that were occupied by the Germans? I am looking for something part politcal map (shows some of the major cities) and is also a geographic map. At the very least, I would take a generic political map. Are there any maps like this out there that are not copyrighted? If not, then I am assuming I will have to make my own maps, which I really want to avoid, as I have no idea how to do that. I could use the maps that I am getting from the NARA archives, but I am afraid that they will be difficult for everyone to read (I am putting them up on a website I am designing), so that is why I want to transfer the information from the NARA maps to some decent politcal/geographical maps. I would be very thankful for any and all suggestions.

Regards,

Brian B.