German prisoners of war in Northern Ireland

Feldgrau's WWII operational map project, map research, archives, tools and techniques, and research requests.

Moderator: Abicht

John McCann

German prisoners of war in Northern Ireland

Post by John McCann »

My name is John McCann. I am the researcher for Triple Vision Productions, an independant Northern Ireland television media company. Recently, the BBC agreed to consider commissioning a documentary about the German prisoner of war camps in Northern Ireland during WWII. The main requisits for their approval are interviews with at least four veterans who were interned in the camps, archive footage, photographs, and interviews with local people who have interesting stories and memories of the prisoners. Obviously, at present, the most important requisit is sourcing German veterans who could be interviewed regarding their internment. This is where I need advice and help. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to contact the relevant groups/associations/veterans/ex prisoners of war? Are there any websites dedicated to POWs? Are there any media outlets where I could post a request for veterans to come forward? Communication should not be a problem as I have a German interpreter at hand.

Archive footage and photographs are a different matter that can be dealt with at a later date. First step - the veterans.

In the hope that someone can help,

John McCann.
Johann-45

Re: German prisoners of war in Northern Ireland

Post by Johann-45 »

PM sent... :D
Alex Dekker
Associate

Re: German prisoners of war in Northern Ireland

Post by Alex Dekker »

Would a advertisement in either 'Kameraden' and 'Der Freiwillige' be an option? Maybe they can help?
Always in need for info about: Dutchmen in the NSKK, HJ and TeNo.