NARA price increase

Feldgrau's WWII operational map project, map research, archives, tools and techniques, and research requests.

Moderator: Abicht

MadDog
Associate

Re: NARA price increase

Post by MadDog »

Besides microfilm and FMS docs, you might be surprised at the amount of WW2 documents out there if you search long and hard. I have 20 GB or so of various files I found on the internet.

Mad Dog
Buster2

Post by Buster2 »

What is FMS documents ?
How many SS-Personalveränderungsblatt and Befehlsblatt des Chefs d Sicherheitspolizei und SD does it exist ?
MadDog
Associate

Post by MadDog »

Foreign Military Studies documents. THe US army interviewed a large number of German generals after the war on various subjects. Most were translated. Each document might cover a specific subject, such as "The LXXXVIII corps in August to November 1944". They are typically 10-30 pages each and can be a source of valuable information, although one has to remember most interviews were done 1-5 years after the war.

You can order these online at the NARA website.

As for your other question, I do not know.

Mad Dog
rommel_gaj

Post by rommel_gaj »

Gentlemen,

DVDs I've ordered arrived yesterday, and everything is great, BUT: one of the dvds was not what I ordered. What do I do now? Do I send it back to NARA? Do they send right dvds after you pointed out their error?

All input is much appreciated!

Cheers,

Gaius

P.S. If anyone got T 311, Roll 175 instead of T 175, Roll 175, contact me! :)
richard hedrick
Supporter

Post by richard hedrick »

Hi Gaius,

i have had a few mistakes on orders myself, contact the individual below, he has always been very quick to address any issue and resolve it to my satisfaction.

i just email him with the issue and give him my order/invoice number and such.

Richard

Moderator Comment - The NARA contact personal information information has been deleted as it was posted without that person's permission.

John Moore
Sean Oliver
Supporter

Post by Sean Oliver »

This is infuriating.

Some increase may be justified, but nearly double?

I am interested in several campaigns of course, and I was prepared to spend more than a little $$$, but not anymore.

We need to pool resources - We need to set up a thread or topic here which can function as a forum for people with similar interests to make DVD sharing arrangements.

I'm interested in AGC operations from July to Sept 1941, especially logistics. This is the Battle of Smolensk, basically. It was a decisive and, well, epochal engagement which was the turning point of WWII. The amount of ink spilled on such battles as Rzhev and Kharkov 42 and even Kursk is almost ridiculous considering Smolensk has never had a single, serious book written about it in ANY language.

Anyway, if anyone knows anyone else who would like to share costs on a Smolensk analysis project, let me know!
rommel_gaj

Post by rommel_gaj »

[quote="richard hedrick"]Hi Gaius,

i have had a few mistakes on orders myself, contact the individual below, he has always been very quick to address any issue and resolve it to my satisfaction.

i just email him with the issue and give him my order/invoice number and such.

Moderator Comment - The NARA contact personal information information has been deleted as it was posted here without that person's permission.

John Moore

Richard

Thank you Richrad, you've been very helpful, as always. :)

Cheers,

G.
rommel_gaj

Post by rommel_gaj »

Has anyone ordered any microfilms after March 1st? NARA site lists prices at 85 $ for domestic and 95$ for international...

Cheers,

Gaius