I am curious to know if there is interest in adding a map set of several city maps I have acquired and scanned in at high quality
. There are several very good ones including a Stalingrad map from October 1942 showing the Soviet defenses down to artillery positions in the southern part of the city. I have a few more than these but have not had them scanned yet. As far as I know almost all of these are unpublished, rare, and expensive to get. Here are the ones I have ready now:
- 3 Russian produced Stalingrad city plans. These are at a 1:20,000 scale and very very detailed. They show every landmark in russian and had penciled in the english translations to each one. These 3 maps were acquired by the OSS. The originals are at the University of Chicago.
- 1 Yerevan map produced by the RSHA-Amt-IV in June 1944 at a 1:10,000 scale.
- 1 German city map of Stalingrad produced in August 1941.
- 1 German map of southern Stalingrad produced in Oct 1942. Scale is 1:25,000. Best is it shows Soviet defenses annotated. A gem!
- 1 German map of Orel and vicinity. Scale 1:100,000
- 1 German Stadtplan of Pinsk. Scale 1:5,000 and produced in Nov 1943
- 1 German Stadtplan of Orsha. Scale 1:10,000 produced in March 1944
- 1 German Stadtplan of Grodno. Scale 1:10,000 very nice but unknown date.
- 1 Russian map of Kharkov. Scale 1:25,000. Produce in 1938.
- 1 German map of Kharkov. Scale 1:15,000. Produced in July 1941, but annottated after that to show 215 key military sites. These sites show German unit locations, hospital, factories ect. Very nice.
- 1 German photomap (aerial photo map) of Saporoshje. Produced in Sept 1941. Scale 1:25,000. Annotated to show key military objectives.
- 3 Russian maps of Kharkov. No date but scale is about 1:5,000. These are part of the same map.
- 1 German map of Kharkov. Printed in 1938, updated with aerial photos and issued in April 1942. Scale 1:20,000
- 1 Russian map of Kharkov. Produced in 1924. Has english typed annotations. Probably an OSS map. About 1:20,000 scale.
- 1 German Stadtplan of Minsk. Central city. Unknown date but after 1941. Scale about 1:10,000
- 1 German map of Loknya village. Show locations of German heavy weapons, and Flak as well as some unit information. Scale about 1:2,500.
- 1 German Stadt der Plan of Minsk. 1:10,000 scale. Annottated for hundreds of sites during the German occupation. The "Ghetto" is marked off in yellow. Also show which city blocks were destroyed. Very detailed map.
- 1 German Stadtplan of Orel. Scale 1:10,000.
- 1 German Stadtplan of Stalingrad. Published in June 1942. Nice color map breaking out the districts and 76 key military targets.