Question about books\archives

Feldgrau's WWII operational map project, map research, archives, tools and techniques, and research requests.

Moderator: Abicht

Archangel

Question about books\archives

Post by Archangel »

Hello, I didn`t quite know where to put this topic to be honest but I guess this isn`t the worst part of the forum.

I have a few questions really (I did a search but it left me comfused)

1. I wonder if there is an overview of all the existing archives in relation to WW II documents and trial-records.

2. Equally more important I wonder if there are any specific demands on who will actually be gained access to them.

3. Are most\all of these documents only laid out in the original german language or have there been done alot of translations.
I do speak some german but it is indeed wuite rusty.

I am particulary interested in testemonies made by paticipants in the Einsatzgroups and Aktion Reinhardt (and Concentrationcamps in general) that were made during the trials

In general any information about publications involving the ones mentioned above is also appriciated.
Allthough I do have "Masters of Death" by Richard Rhodes and "The Field men" McLean already.

I would be happy if anyone could be of any help.
donwhite
Contributor

archives

Post by donwhite »

Archangel,
http://www.sturmpanzer.com website has dowloadable pdf file versions of various NARA guides to captured german records which elaborate on what you can expect to find on a particualr role of microfilm. For example I've seen a roll (T311, roll 219) dealing with Army group Centre that has a section on SS Polizie interaction with that army group in 44'45.

Cheers