The most effective Heer Panzer division in the East?

A place to relocate messages and threads that should be deleted.
Panzer division

The most effective Heer Panzer division in the East?

Post by Panzer division »

Ok we all know the Waffen SS divisions did very well especially at Kursk. What was the most effective Panzer division outside of Grossdeutschland? I will go with the 6th Panzer division.
Panzer division

Re: The most effective Heer Panzer division in the East?

Wow this site has been a huge disappointment.
der alte Landser
Supporter

Post by der alte Landser »

You're asking a question that there isn't an answer for. The war in the east lasted for years and different units served under all kinds of conditions, in various sectors of the front, with a wide variety of missions, etc. Trying to pick one and say it was the best is very subjective, at best. It also does a disservice to the soldiers of all the other units that fought and sacrificed. No matter what division they're serving in, soldiers almost universally believe that theirs is the best outfit.
Panzer division

der alte Landser wrote:You're asking a question that there isn't an answer for. The war in the east lasted for years and different units served under all kinds of conditions, in various sectors of the front, with a wide variety of missions, etc. Trying to pick one and say it was the best is very subjective, at best. It also does a disservice to the soldiers of all the other units that fought and sacrificed. No matter what division they're serving in, soldiers almost universally believe that theirs is the best outfit.
This is just a internet message board. If someone gets their feelings hurt because someone has a opinion they need to check themselves.
der alte Landser
Supporter

Post by der alte Landser »

Not sure what you mean, but you didn't hurt my feelings at all. By my count, there were 30 Army Panzerdivisionen. (1-26, 116, Panzerlehr, Feldherrnhalle, and Großdeutschland) Add to that the Panzergrenadierdivisionen they fought beside. That's quite a number of units to try and pick one from and say "they're the best." But, that's just my opinion.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Panzer division wrote:This is just a internet message board. If someone gets their feelings hurt because someone has a opinion they need to check themselves.
This is more than just an internet message board. For many, if not most of us, it's become a gathering place of like minded people where we can discuss similar interests and learn from each other.

As far as you suggesting someone else check themselves, I'd recommend the same to you. You've belonged here about a week. You have six posts. I've not checked the other ones yet, but if they're anything like this one, then the attitudinal problem is with you.

You asked a very ambiguous question, which like der alte Landser said, is virtually impossible to answer. When you didn't have an answer to this query, you were the first one to make a smart ass comment disparaging this board.

By all means, come here and ask questions. You'll get a much better response if you ask questions that are answerable, and you lose the attitude.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Me-109 Jagdfleiger
Supporter

Post by Me-109 Jagdfleiger »

Couldent have said it better myself Tom,
Jonathan
Cheers Jonathan,
Only the spirit of attack borne in a brave heart will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be.

— General Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe.
Panzer division

Please close my account.