War in Georgia

A place to relocate messages and threads that should be deleted.
Uli
Enthusiast

Re: War in Georgia

Post by Uli »

Annelie wrote:The plan for New World Order has been rumored to be in existence for a long time.
One language, one religion, one world without borders, one money.....etc.

Makes one wonder who will rule the world? That is what is scary, one dictator perhaps?
Complete control in future?

It's difficult to know precisely what it was to which those Dutch newspapers referred when they spoke of "the new world order" (not "...a one world order," mind you; but "...the new world order), so it's only fair to allow phylo his rather childish attempt at humor on the matter. At any rate, Western anti-Russia rhetoric--if not direct NATO military confrontation--continues in the wake of the war in Georgia, and here's how Pravda calls the action. (Surprisingly, for the first time in my life, I find myself believing Pravda more than I do the Washington Post or any of the leading Western newspapers):

english.pravda.ru
Erwin Leibold 26.7.1942
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

I wouldn't really regard it as being "allowed", don't worry... :wink:

But I WILL note that the correct phrase is "so it's only fair to allow phylo his attempt at humor on the matter."
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Uli
Enthusiast

Post by Uli »

phylo_roadking wrote:I wouldn't really regard it as being "allowed", don't worry... :wink:

But I WILL note that the correct phrase is "so it's only fair to allow phylo his attempt at humor on the matter."
I'm still unsure who established you as a moderator here, phylo, but your ongoing demand to have the last word on any given subject is surely a millstone about the owner's neck, and a sure sign that discussions will ultimately lag in quality.

:beer:
Erwin Leibold 26.7.1942
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

I'm sure Jason will be more than happy to answer ANY of the questions embedded literally or by inference in your last post, Uli. Refer them direct.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080831/w083145A.html

World

Russian Police Accused In Killing Of Man Whose Website Criticized Authorities
Published: Sunday, August 31, 2008 | 1:27 PM ET
Canadian Press: Vladimir Isachenkov, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
MOSCOW - The owner of an independent website critical of authorities was shot and killed Sunday by police, his body dumped by the side of the road in a volatile province in southern Russia, his colleague said.

The killing of Ingushetiya.ru owner Magomed Yevloyev could incite tensions in the province of Ingushetia west of Chechnya, which has been the site of frequent attacks on police and other officials.

Police arrested Yevloyev on Sunday, taking him off a plane that had just landed in Ingushetia province near Chechnya, said the site's deputy editor, Ruslan Khautiyev.

Police whisked Yevloyev away in a car and later dumped him on the road with a gunshot wound to the head, Khautiyev said. He said Yevloyev died in a hospital shortly afterward.

In Moscow, Investigative Committee spokesman Vladimir Markin said in a statement that Yevloyev was detained by police and died in an "incident" while being taken to police headquarters for an interrogation. Markin did not elaborate, saying that a check to clarify the circumstances of Yevloyev's death had begun. The committee is under the Prosecutor General's office.

Yevloyev has angered regional authorities with criticism of police treatment of civilians in the region. A court in June ordered him to shut his site on charges of spreading "extremist" statements, but it reappeared under a different name.

Continue Article

Khautiyev said that Yevloyev arrived in Ingushetia from Moscow on Sunday on the same plane as regional President Murat Zyazikov. Police blocked the jet on the runway after it landed in Ingushetia's provincial capital, Magas, entered the plane and took Yevloyev out.

Yevloyev's death is likely to inflame passions in Ingushetia, which has been plagued by frequent raids and ambushes of federal forces and local authorities. Government critics attribute the attacks to anger fuelled by abductions, beatings, unlawful arrests and killings of suspects by government forces and local allied paramilitaries.

In June, Human Rights Watch accused Russian security forces of widespread human rights abuses in Ingushetia, saying it has documented dozens of summary and arbitrary detentions, acts of torture, enforced disappearances and extrajudicial executions. It said officials in Ingushetia persecuted peaceful Muslims and government critics, marginalized opposition groups and stifled independent media.

The New York-based rights group warned that the "dirty war" tactics against insurgents would likely further destabilize the situation in Ingushetia and beyond in the North Caucasus.

Many in Ingushetia are intensely unhappy with Zyazikov, a former KGB officer and a close ally of Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin. An anti-government rally in Ingushetia in January drew hundreds of people who clashed with police.

Immediately after Yevloyev's detention, his website urged Ingushetia's residents to gather outside the headquarters of a leading opposition group.
Annelie

Post by Yuri »

Annelie wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080831/w083145A.html

World

Russian Police Accused In Killing Of Man Whose Website Criticized Authorities
Published: Sunday, August 31, 2008 | 1:27 PM ET
Canadian Press: Vladimir Isachenkov, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
MOSCOW - The owner of an independent website critical of authorities was shot and killed Sunday by police, his body dumped by the side of the road in a volatile province in southern Russia, his colleague said.

The killing of Ingushetiya.ru owner Magomed Yevloyev could incite tensions in the province of Ingushetia west of Chechnya, which has been the site of frequent attacks on police and other officials.
Oh! Horror!!
Terrible Russia!
But let's calm down a little and we will breathe regular.
Have calmed down? We breathe regular?
It is cool!
And now, when we have calmed down and we breathe in regular intervals, we will ask ourselves a simple question - this article from CBCNEWS has what relation how Russian Army has carried out operation "Compulsion of Georgia to the world" in reply to a brutal attack and murder of the Georgian army two thousand peace citizens of South Ossetia and murder of 10 Russian peacemakers from structure of a peace-making battalion? What?
Absolutely correctly! The content of this article from CBCNEWS to carrying out by Russian Army of operation "Compulsion of Georgia to the world" has no relation!
From here a conclusion - the western propagation, not having the truthful facts for criticism of actions of Russian Army, pulls for ears to the given case that that has to any no relation.

And now as a matter of fact that is written in article CBCNEWS.
As one would expect, CBCNEWS (as well as its German sister ARD) has thrown out the main moments of this regrettable incident. Well, certainly CBCNEWS has made it only that the free inhabitant of the western countries did not complicate the brains superfluous reflexions.
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

I am sure nobody thinks horrible Russia. People are concerned, conflict anywhere concerns us all.
That someone whom critizes authorities does make one wonder when they are murdered for this.
Annelie

Post by Yuri »

Annelie wrote:I am sure nobody thinks horrible Russia. People are concerned, conflict anywhere concerns us all.
That someone whom critizes authorities does make one wonder when they are murdered for this.
Your attempt to leave from the answer is not included.
Please, answer a question - what for on a branch "War in Georgia" to place article about incident at the airport in Ingushetia which has no relation to operation "Compulsion of Georgia to the world", the spent Russian Army in reply to murder by the Georgian military men of two thousand peace citizens Southern Ossetia and murder of 10 Russian peacemakers from structure of a peace-making battalion?
What for here this article?

Second, from what you have drawn this conclusion?
Annelie wrote:..
From, what the western propagation has written?
If in the USA the pale policeman kills red-skinned or the Negro, that? The Russian propagation can blow in all horns what George Bush's administration kills all not the white?
Nonsense? Certainly nonsense.
Your conclusion from the same grade.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Sadly, this thread is being closed - NOW. It appears that ONE poster AGAIN cannot avoid adhominem attacks. Despite the indication and the beefing up of the rules some time ago. He was made aware before that Feldgrau had changed - for the better.