Have the courage to stand up to what you say

A place to relocate messages and threads that should be deleted.
valhalla

Have the courage to stand up to what you say

Post by valhalla »

I noticed that you removed Sid Gutteridge's review and the attempt by Cott Tiger to engage in supposed open discussion on this forum, instead you merely deleted the posts. Funny how you didn't delete the posts of PK which were over the top until I complained.

However I recently noticed that you are happy to continue the discussion on Amazon, what's the matter Phylo scared of a bit of robust discussion. If happy to do it on Amazon then lets do it here too!!
Scot, there's been a lot of discussion of this book on Feldgrau, and the thesis it's based on. It does seem that his characterisation of the Waffen-SS as "evil" down to the individual level does seem to fly in the face of the legal precedent set by the International Military tribunal at Nuremberg, when the SS and W-SS were judged to be criminal organisations - but MEMBERSHIP was not criminal. So he makes a tad free with his characterisation of them as "criminals" and "evil"; there was me thinking noone was a "criminal" until PROVEN GUILTY of something...which Terry should after all know! In fact - the IMT's adjudication on the criminality of the Waffen-SS indicates that responsibility moves UPWARDS - not downwards to the individual; THAT sort of "Collective guilt" or "Sippenhaft" was after all one of the factors in the Nazi's characterisation of the Jews and their "folk guilt"....so IF Terry is saying it applies to the Waffen-SS TOO, against normal Western jurisprudence - then is he saying that the Nazis' idea of "sippenhaft" was - right??? ;-) That's a HELL of a legal tort he's tied himself up in!
What a lie. You have deleted any discussion of this book on Feldgrau for what could only be obvious reasons. If you want to comment on Amazon under an assumed name then at least have the courage to put Sid's review back up for discussion.

You have embarrassed yourself by your comments as they are obvioulsy from someone who has not read the book, I would like to see where in the book I call the Waffen-SS all criminals?? The organisation yes, but you extend this to the individual, perhaps you should understand the notion of group responsibility before you launch into an uniformed comment.

And finally I find it amazing that supposed "moderators" take such an active role in discussions, it's like the referee kicking the ball for one side, moderatoring your are not!!!

Lets see how long this post lasts for.

Terry
sniper1shot

Re: Have the courage to stand up to what you say

Post by sniper1shot »

The organisation yes, but you extend this to the individual, perhaps you should understand the notion of group responsibility before you launch into an uniformed comment.
When you label an organization with anything then all individuals that belong to that organization are labeled too. I DO KNOW ABOUT THIS.
And finally I find it amazing that supposed "moderators" take such an active role in discussions,
Moderators are allowed to discuss and to put their points across. Can you find it anywhere in our rules that we are not allowed to? We enjoy discussions and helping others out just as much as the members. I was not aware a Moderator was to keep their mouths shut. :?

Since I know you read the rules of the forum, I will post these as a reminder to your last comment:
6. Moderators have the same rights as everyone else to express their opinions and fully participate in discussions. In the event that a contributor believes that a Moderator is abusing his authority, the complaint must be made by PM to Jason Pipes and not aired on the open Board.
Would what you posted be considered a PM or a post on the open Board??

So as a friendly reminder to YOU, Valhalla, ensure you go over the rules of the forum again.
Only he is lost who gives himself up as lost.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Re: Have the courage to stand up to what you say

Post by phylo_roadking »

Terry, perhaps you would do better to apply yourself to THIS Comment on Amazon...although if you're reading this you'll by now have received a PM on this very subject;
Regarding the author himself - unfortunately he arrived on the Feldgrau forum with no respect for the forum rules, intent on advertising for his book which pertained to subject matter Feldgrau does not permit discussion of on the board, immediately "spammed" the site with multiple commercial postings encouraging the purchase of his book - and subsequently refused to discuss the VAST majority of questions put to him by members.

Feldgrau management asked Terry to confirm directly to them that the member posting in his name WAS indeed the author of the book, asked him why he had chosen Feldgrau for his advertising when the site does not encourage discussion of the aspects of the Second World War he had written on, asked him why he had NOT gone to any other Axis military history forums that DO encourage this discussion - and NONE of these questions were addressed by the author.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds