Petition asked

A place to relocate messages and threads that should be deleted.
Piet Duits
Associate

Petition asked

Post by Piet Duits »

Hi all,

I am in favour of closing down the entire Soldatenheim and instead return on what this forum was build for a long time ago.
Researching the AXIS forces and the Allies who defeated them.

Okay, I admit I like to take part in the discussions on Soldatenheim once and a while too, but this has got to stop somewhere.

Piet
still hating political correctness, but if you want to discuss about that search another forum.
Nur für den Dienstgebrauch
Klaus1
Supporter

Post by Klaus1 »

If they can't do it in the Soldatenheim, they will do it in different threads. And not all in the Soldatenheim is bad. I don't think closing it down will do any good.
"Beklemmender als der ganze Hitler ist, dass er den Deutschen wie angegossen passt" -Alfred Döblin-
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Soldatenheim has SIGNIFICANT benefits - not the least for the growth of the site....by widening the keyword "content" of the site it appears on significantly more search egnine results.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
TPMM
Contributor

Post by TPMM »

Klaus1 wrote:If they can't do it in the Soldatenheim, they will do it in different threads. And not all in the Soldatenheim is bad. I don't think closing it down will do any good.
I wrote the same in other thread - it's rather pointless.

Pozdrawiam
Don't worry, be crazy ;]
Klaus1
Supporter

Post by Klaus1 »

That's a pitty. So what you are trying to tell me is that I am "wasting my breath", so to speak. Oh well, no harm done.
"Beklemmender als der ganze Hitler ist, dass er den Deutschen wie angegossen passt" -Alfred Döblin-
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Klaus, sadly the most out-of-control threads ARE to be found elsewhere, where debaters have SOMETHING concrete to fight over!
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

Hi all,

Have to agree with Phylo et al. Feldgrau is a tool for researching the German armed forces of WWII, but it's also a community, and I believe the Soldatenheim is a large part of creating that, and maintaining it.

I use the forum as a whole, to find things out, maybe thrice a week. However, I check Soldatenheim most days, and I would be sad to see it go, or if we were restricted to subjects directly relating to WWII.

IMO, that would make the current situation worse, with more work for the mods, and would kill the community entirely.

Cheers,
Jock
Uli
Enthusiast

Re: Petition asked

Post by Uli »

Piet Duits wrote:Hi all,

I am in favour of closing down the entire Soldatenheim and instead return on what this forum was build for a long time ago.
Researching the AXIS forces and the Allies who defeated them.

Okay, I admit I like to take part in the discussions on Soldatenheim once and a while too, but this has got to stop somewhere.

Piet
still hating political correctness, but if you want to discuss about that search another forum.
Mike Miller recently stated that Russia and the U.S. were unbeatable in WWII, though--given his admirable grasp of knowledge regarding the war--it pains me to say that he is wrong here: Even worse, he was grossly, almost egregiously wrong.

Without Lend-Lease and the joint participation of all three nations in the war on the Axis (the doomed British Empire included here), it's highly likely that the Axis nations would've won the war before 1942. Viewed expressly from the perspective of the European Theater of Operations, Russia survived and won her front largely due to her mammoth industrial and numerical superiority, while England emerged a victor solely in that she was rightly aligned with the U.S. and USSR. And perhaps simply by virtue of her then-immeasurable industrial strength and geographical distance from flaming European shores, America, too, emerged victorious--and largely unscathed due to the German preoccupation with the war in the East.

A renewed, large-scale Japanese stab into Siberia and Manchuria in October 1941--coupled with the German drive on Moscow--would likely have closed the war in Russia in Berlin's favor, and dangerously isolated both the U.S. and terminally weakened England. A wholly unnecessary Japanese strike on Pearl Harbor and her failure to assault the Soviet Far East in conjunction with Typhoon, mark the beginning of the end of WWII and ultimate defeat of the Axis.

:[] :beer:
Erwin Leibold 26.7.1942
sniper1shot

Post by sniper1shot »

Soldat most likely will NOT be closed down. We are working on a cleaning house project right now.
Only he is lost who gives himself up as lost.
Michael Miller / ABR
Author

Post by Michael Miller / ABR »

Uli wrote:
Mike Miller recently stated that Russia and the U.S. were unbeatable in WWII, though--given his admirable grasp of knowledge regarding the war--it pains me to say that he is wrong here: Even worse, he was grossly, almost egregiously wrong.

Well, I guess you told me! A thousand pardons, please.
I retract my original statement, and correct it to: In the long run, by embarking on a war with the Soviet Union and the United States (through his invasion of the former and his declaration of war on the latter, Hitler made a bad judgment call. Those powers eventually proved, through their united strength, to be unbeatable.

~ Mike
"I am a historian before I am a Christian; my object is simply to find out how the things actually occurred."

~Leopold von Ranke, 19th Century German Historian
sniper1shot

Post by sniper1shot »

Aren't we splitting hairs now?
Only he is lost who gives himself up as lost.
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Soldatenehim will not be closed, but certain posters will be shut down.....

~D, the EviL
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Uli
Enthusiast

Post by Uli »

Michael Miller / ABR wrote:Uli wrote:

Well, I guess you told me! A thousand pardons, please.
I retract my original statement, and correct it to: In the long run, by embarking on a war with the Soviet Union and the United States (through his invasion of the former and his declaration of war on the latter, Hitler made a bad judgment call. Those powers eventually proved, through their united strength, to be unbeatable.

~ Mike
:up: :up:
Erwin Leibold 26.7.1942
Commissar D, the Evil

CLOSED MY THE COMMISSAR.

When the forum over-reaches the Moderators, IT WILL BE CLOSED ,THEN DELETED.

Anarchy has forced a zero-tolerance of questions about the modertors upon the Forum. Period. Defy the moderators and ch9oose you personal form of humiliation and exile.

Best,
Jack the RIPPER
Commissar D, the Evil

CLOSED MY THE COMMISSAR.

When the forum over-reaches the Moderators, IT WILL BE CLOSED ,THEN DELETED.

Anarchy has forced a zero-tolerance of questions about the modertors upon the Forum. Period. Defy the moderators and choose you personal form of humiliation and exile.

Best,
Jack the RIPPER