BullSh**

A place to relocate messages and threads that should be deleted.
Commissar D, the Evil

BullSh**

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

I've lurked and watch in my hiatus and, I tell everyone this fact:

I will either resign from Feldgrau, or, more likely, stay to inflict punishment on the appropriate parties involved if both Qvist and Andy H. leave this forum!!! :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

I've known both gentlemen since the early 90's as magnificent contributors to Feldgrau and as personal friends, SO, I won't suffer them gone for any number of petty personal disputes! :x :x :x :x :x

If you, even remotely, call yourself a Forum Hero, I do expect you to rally around this issue!!!! :up: :up: :up:

Why should we lose our more productive military historians on Feldgrau??? Why should we suffer this disgrace?????

I admit to being a fool for thinking that my own personal presence was a disruptive influence on the forum when, as the truth has revealed itself, a hard core of miscreants seems to be bent on forcing our most valuable members to resign!!!

This is simply intolerable and those responsible should pray on their knees that I take the easy way out and resign!

Lovingly Yours,
~D, the EviL
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

David,

I'm glad to see you back here. For the life of me, I can't think why you considered yourself as a disruptive influence. Throughout my time on Feldgrau you have been a consistent force, along with others.

The answer appears to be a simple one. Ban those who cause arguments as 'de rigeur', and those whose political opinions are not conductive to Feldgrau. I believe this has happened before...

But, for whatever reasons, such as the unimportant family and career, has kept some of our mods away for a while, resulting in, well, what happens when the law departs?

Anarchy. I would suggest a few more mods, or 'untermods' to help you guys out. Personally, I think such guys as Paddy, Sid and Haen are of the right stature. They may be from differing spectrum's, but they all share one thing. A cool, intelligent head.

And David, if I am one of the miscreants you seek, could you PM me? And give me my Nagan jacket when I'm unaware? ;)

Cheers,

(PS - Sorry to Paddy, Sid or Haen if you are upset by my mentioning your name. I only do because you all keep a very cool head, at all times)
Jock
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

I admit to being a fool for thinking that my own personal presence was a disruptive influence on the forum
How can the simple presence of a Moderator be a disruptive influence? When what we have is an ABSENCE - unfortuantely - of them...

http://www.feldgrau.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27886
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Commissar D, the Evil

Hi Gentlemen. Well Jock and Phylo, in my personal world I had a lot on my mind and I truly thought, after one encounter in which I realized that I was wrong, that perhaps my contributions were negative to Feldgrau.

After seeing what transpired in my absence, I realize that I was a fool--and not for the first time in my life.

Well, now I'm back. "JACK IS BACK!"--as Akira might say.

I, as a matter of right, now sincerely challenge those who think they can run off members of the stature of Qvist and Andy H. from Feldgrau.
Or anyone else who challenges either my return or my conviction that even the least researcher of German Military History deserves both the respect and loyalty of this forum!

I'm going to wage a personal war against disruption and personal invectives and I invite everyone to report them to me, no matter the sub-forum they occur upon! :up: :up: :up: :up:

Very Best,
David
Commissar D, the Evil

This is a simple matter of logic--neither Jason, Tom, Sniper-One-Shot nor any other Administrator or Moderator will stand for good researchers to be replaced by BS artists who ultimately don't contribute a thing of substance!

Hell, in 2001, Andy H. sent me, for free, an entire chapter of what was then the best German source on WWII German Army Organization! Things were much simpler on Feldgrau then--we didn't allow personal arguments to interfere with the job at hand!

Some folks should be ashamed of themselves for upsetting the natural order of things on Feldgrau.

But, the Commissar can't deal in shame, only in retribution and the restoration of our Forum.

Best,
~D, the EviL
Luftman129
Supporter

Post by Luftman129 »

D,

I'll help if I do see the need to do so with the subforums that I frequent and I spot trouble-makers.

Thanks,
Chris
Commissar D, the Evil

Chris, I appreciate any help and, even more than that, your honest comments, as I have been absent.

Very Best,
David
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

This has not been a good week (or so) in our household. Between that and juggling other issues, I admit to being either too lax, or too willing to cull the herd.

As David cleans and oils his Nagant, or Akira's Nambu, I'm doing the same to my P38. There's been far too much bullsh*t going on around here of late. I'm embarassed that I saw it happening, but my own footing was not stable enough for me to reach out and grab it.

I have a couple of things I need to run by Jason, since it's his site, but just so everyone knows, I'm advocating (among other things) ONLY posts/discussions that are about WWII. DIRECTLY.

Current world situations, from my perspective, are detracting from the purpose of this site. Yes, one can argue that "my post reflects on WWII." For that matter, everything we discuss about WWII can easily reflect on the Reformation, Camelot, and the Pax Romana if we did far enough.

I recommend everyone step back, and take a deep breath. Consider whether your recent posts have contributed to research about the German military in WWII.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Dragunov
Associate
Location: Ottawa, The True North Strong And Free (and rather cold)

Post by Dragunov »

aww..

well, we should have some place to blabber on about random crap... apparently it never existed :!: well, i didn't know.

yeah... what happened to the non-political -ness?

be careful who you choose for a new mod (if it happens...) so many things can go wrong, and if that happens, it won't be so pretty. and it also seems that you NEED to do so...

as you said...
I know that Tom and myself have enough real-life problems to keep us busy for the next 50 years.
Long Live Feldgrau! or so i hope...
Dragunov
When Stalin says "Dance" a wise man dances.- Nikita Kruschev
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

It's very nice of Jock to mention me as a possible moderator but I think I am probably too mercurial for the job on a website like this. I am also far too cynical when it comes to political issues. Feldgrau definitely needs some moderators from the European time zone but if Jason is considering this step, he should be very, very careful when it comes to making his choices. I would propose Jock. Regarding other European candidates, I would be very wary of anyone connected too closely with certain other websites like the Axis History Forum or Feldpost.tv. Too much baggage in the former case and too many negative vibes in the latter, as their terminally static membership figures indicate. What's needed are "clean" candidates without any 'difficult' histories behind them. That's why I could not accept a job here. I'm a trouble magnet. OK, at least I'm an honest trouble magnet who calls things the way I see them...which is why some people devote so much time to attacking me. It's amusing, but no good for a serious history forum. The same applies to Guttridge, Phylo, Cott Tiger, Michael Kenny, most of the Swedish contingent, a lot of the Dutch and one or two of the more PC Germans. I wouldn't let any of us near any admin or moderator control panels here! :D

PK
pzrmeyer2

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

Qvist has departed because he cannot see his ideas challenged in any intellectual capacity and thus must return to a playing field where he controls all the variables. If you look at the threads where he and I tangled, we can see who fired the personal and often non-topical response postings first. If you don't like some of the news snippets pertaining to WW2 I post here, dont comment on them. Ignore them. But that doesnt make the stories behind them go away. They are happening in the real world even now, and deserve mention on a site devoted to Germany and WW2. I raised serious issues about justice in Europe pertaining to what can be said about French Occupation, which may have a far ranging result for any speech issue. I raised the notion that there are some Jews who recognize the great involvement of other Jews in Stalins killing machine--facts that have been downplayed and outright denied by forum members here who ostensibly bristle at revisionists and deniers. I sought to dig deeper at the root issues pertaining to authors who wrote a book libelling feldgrau, which some members, whose views sound eerily similar, condone. I rasied important issues about a hitpiece work of agitprop and not an objective biography of one of Germany's most decorated and controversial authors. These werent personal attacks on my part--but they make some people here with rigid views of good and evil uncomfortable. These folks wish to control all aspects of the news pertaining to their agenda-driven version of events. Sorry, it doesn't and shouldn't work that way. Again, if you disagree with my ideas, opinions, and postings, feel free to challenge them. Bring your facts and sources. But please, stop, crying, running away, and demanding banishment. It only gives those issues more legitmacy, not less.
Piet Duits
Associate

Post by Piet Duits »

what a load of crap. Political Correctness stinks.
What do I see? I see a formerly good informative website where I can still occasionally post questions or answers. Perhaps, and who am I to write it, but perhaps Jason would be better of closing the Soldatenheim forum. Back to the basic. Back to the research.
I wish I had more time to devote on this research instead of reading and responding to rediculous things like here.
Nur für den Dienstgebrauch
TPMM
Contributor

Post by TPMM »

Hi Piet.
I think that closing Soldatenheim is pointless. After such an action all these "discussions" would spread on whole site. Matters like "Why did he leave us?" would be transferred to Philately and Currency forum. Now they are at least in one place ;/

Pozdrawiam
Don't worry, be crazy ;]
Uli
Enthusiast

Post by Uli »

Piet Duits wrote:what a load of crap. Political Correctness stinks.
What do I see? I see a formerly good informative website where I can still occasionally post questions or answers. Perhaps, and who am I to write it, but perhaps Jason would be better of closing the Soldatenheim forum. Back to the basic. Back to the research.
I wish I had more time to devote on this research instead of reading and responding to rediculous things like here.
A couple of you guys are absolutely incredible.

First, you say you want to talk WWII, and then you proceed to argue meaninglessly political garbage.

Second, you then delete one of my earlier posts after I presented a certifiably arguable and pertinent point on the Second WWII.

Third, you then delete or censor a central part of one of Piet's posts in order to cover your backside.

That's amazing. Straight out of Smelser. Or as Piet would say, "Rediculous."

I can only wonder the age of the moderator who took it upon himself to delete my latest post here. You guys are incredibly tepid, unforgiveably uncertain of yourselves. Buck up, and do have some confidence in yourselves. And do remember that an opposing viewpoint isn't going to kill you.
Erwin Leibold 26.7.1942
Piet Duits
Associate

Post by Piet Duits »

euh, Uli... Where's my posting censored? COuld it perhaps be that you are mixed up between this message and the other one I made myself (Petition asked).
Either way, as far as I can see it nothing has changed, and your message is still there.

Piet :up:
Nur für den Dienstgebrauch