World of Tanks

Miniatures, board wargames and computer games related to WWII.
sniper1shot

World of Tanks

Post by sniper1shot »

You can download this game and it does NOT require a disk. It is free to download.
Takes a bit to get used to how it runs and there are forums where all questions are answered fairly quickly.
All the WWII tanks are there and you are teamed up with different tanks of all the major WWII players. (Not Japan)

Only problem I see is that you will eventually need to put money into it if you want to go higher than a lvl 7 tiered tank.
The tiers goto lvl 10.

If just looking for some fun and some really awesome graphics of the all the tanks then give World of Tanks a go.
Only he is lost who gives himself up as lost.
fridgeman
Supporter

Re: World of Tanks

Post by fridgeman »

I tried it myself and went all the way to a Tier9 Jagdtiger.

Have to say the game is enjoyable, but far from a Panzer game as i would like to see it.
Its very arcade like, does not feel like Panzer sim but more like a slowed down "counter strike first person shooter".

In the only game mode aviable, "random battle", the teams are mixed, means consisting of each nations tanks.
Tiger Tanks fight together in one team with KV's, Shermans, blueprint tanks such as E-50 or after war models like T-54.
Also the artillery is far from realism, they are super accurate and oneshot most normal tanks, causing alot of
anger for non artillery players. Finally, if you want to reach a Tier10 like Maus or IS7, you defenitely need to go
for a premium account, and invest some Euros/Dollars.

The good points, its easy to adapt, not many rules to learn and easy to control via mouse and keyboard (pretty much like a FPS).
Good game for a short match after work, to get your daily dose of tanks and action.

Its free to play, as long as you stay with the low tier tanks such as PzIV. So lets say its free to try, bu pay to enjoy ;)

You look for fast action, good graphics and easy gameplay? Try World of Tanks.
You like hardcore Panzer simulations aswell as a high grade of realism ingame? Better not try World of Tanks.
sniper1shot

Re: World of Tanks

Post by sniper1shot »

For some silly reason I got myself involved in this game and have been playing it quite a bit.

Do we have any forum members playing this game?
Only he is lost who gives himself up as lost.