Tips for N. Africa Vehicles

Miniatures, board wargames and computer games related to WWII.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

TC, go to the thread in Soldatenheim about Airfix in receivership; someone posted a link on there to a plastic soldier site that actually holds pics of all 172nd plastic figures that i have ever heard of, a lot being still available new. There are a couple of companies that do German m/c combinations, and one at least that does a pack containing three German A/T guns. The Airfix "German recconaisance" set is still available if you search for itm and the half-track carrier and 88mm gun. Armourfast/HaT list a snap-together PzIII but I havent seen them anywhere yet.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
derGespenst
Associate

Post by derGespenst »

What scale are you looking for?
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

TC. go to http://www.hannants.co.uk, enter 1/72 scale and military vehicle kits (injection) in theor search options and start searching! Out of stock and Future Releases aren't overly clearly marked, but theres THIRTY FOUR pages of WWII and Modern AFVs, just pateitnly search for what you want. There's more than you might think!
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

There are some German artillery types available as kits, but you'll neeed to find out more information on what the DAK had at their disposal. And if they basically used Italian....:-(
5RANGLIAN
Contributor

Post by 5RANGLIAN »

It also depends on the ranges of the pieces you want your DAK troops to use; with 1:76, almost all the artillery I used to use was off table, so I didn't need models of them anyway.
All armies can be divided into two parts:
1. Infantry;
2. Support arms.