DAK II?

Miniatures, board wargames and computer games related to WWII.
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

Anyone here got D.A.K II?
Thanks. Dave.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

I don't have DAK II but I do have the original DAK. I recall getting it when The Gamers first released it back in 1996 or so. Now MMP owns The Gamers games and they released the udpated edition recently. I don't believe there are many large differences between DAK and DAK II though, aside from different colored German counters and a few map and rules errata tweaks. Ironically in all this time I have yet to play DAK but I've seen it played many times and find it to be stunning. I attended the best US wargame convention this past summer (Monstercon/Consim World) in Phoenix and saw the full DAK campaign game being played out! It was fantastic.
williamspd

DAK II

Post by williamspd »

I just got DAK II and have a friend in a nearby town to play with too so it may actually see some action! Anything you want to know about it just ask.
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

I've got it too. I'm just interested to see who else has.

(I have a son to play against, but no room & not enough spare time) :down: :(
Thanks. Dave.
williamspd

Post by williamspd »

There is a Vassal module for DAK II although it is a first iteration so might still have some bugs, but if you ever get the spare time, using Vassal solves the space problem at least as the board is a virtual one.
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

There is a Vassal module for DAK II
A what? :?: :?
Thanks. Dave.
williamspd

Post by williamspd »

Vassal is a free piece of software that enables players to play each other either live online or turn by turn using emailed log files that you step through and interact with. You can also use it to play games solitaire, as I do when playing solitaire ASL, and games that were designed to be solitaire such as B-17: Queen of the Skies, Silent Victory, etc. Having the game set up on the computer means that I don't have to worry about my other half or the animals messing up the board, plus I can take it with me on the laptop or on a pen drive, and could email turns to myself for use at work etc.[/url]
David W
Patron

Re: DAK II?

Post by David W »

Any more recent information on the vassal for DAK2?
Thanks. Dave.