My Generaloberst Eduard Dietl Bust scale 1/10

German Heer 1935-1945.

Moderator: John W. Howard

EDietl

My Generaloberst Eduard Dietl Bust scale 1/10

Post by EDietl »

Hello all,

I've been working in figure modeling since I was 16, I lived in Lier in Belgium.
The city where Francois Verlinden had his toy shop and later his factory Verlinden Productions, before he moved to the USA.

I was a regular customer at Verlinden and learned a lot from him. A little over a year ago I read two books written in "German" about Eduard Dietl. I knew that I had from Verlinden Productions a 1/35 scale figure from Eduard Dietl, (it was # 1172 German Mountain General) but it was without a doubt Eduard Dietl.

Then I started searching if there was no resin bust on 1/10 scale from Eduard Dietl. After a long search, I only found a bust of Julius "Papa" Ringel (also a Mountain General), who was no longer in production.

So I started building with leftovers from other German 1/10 figures to make a bust without a head. I also spent 15 years at the drawing academy where we got sculpting but that was not really my specialty. So sculpting the head of Eduard Dietl myself was no go.

So I went searching for people here in Belgium who were working in 3D design and who were perhaps willing to make a design from Eduard Dietl head based on photos. And maybe could manufacture resin copies via the use of a mold. Now many of them naturally asked who this person was and when I told them, they had moral objections and refused to make war figures.

Eventually I found the solution at the Spanish model company Scale75. They made the head via 3D design, made a master model and then a mold. I had also ordered 10 copies from the head of Eduard Dietl, for a few friends and club members who also wanted to work around Eduard Dietl.

So I have added some pictures from the bust I made and the ead that Scale 75 made for me.
Attachments
Detail of the Heeresbergführer badge
Detail of the Heeresbergführer badge
IMG_20180917_220309[1].jpg (37.52 KiB) Viewed 4961 times
Bust of Eduard Dietl
Bust of Eduard Dietl
IMG_20180917_220239[1].jpg (42.59 KiB) Viewed 4961 times
Head made by Scale75
Head made by Scale75
IMG_6329.JPG (28.68 KiB) Viewed 4961 times
Master print of the head
Master print of the head
IMG_6327.JPG (39.07 KiB) Viewed 4961 times
Not painted head put on the bust.
Not painted head put on the bust.
IMG_6325.JPG (62.46 KiB) Viewed 4961 times
EDietl

Re: My Generaloberst Eduard Dietl Bust scale 1/10

Post by EDietl »

When the head is painted and the figure is put together I willadd some extra pictures.
EDietl

Post by EDietl »

So here´s the final result of painting the head!
IMG_6341.JPG
IMG_6341.JPG (67.43 KiB) Viewed 4932 times
Prosper Vandenbroucke
Enthusiast

Post by Prosper Vandenbroucke »

Very, very good job :up: :up: :up:
Congratultions
Kindly regards
Prosper :wink: :wink: