Was Panzerschütze a rank in Panzerregiments.

German Heer 1935-1945.

Moderator: John W. Howard

willald

Was Panzerschütze a rank in Panzerregiments.

Post by willald »

Hi I was just wondering if the rank of a soldat in a Panzerregiment was Panzerschütze and if this was the case throughout the war.
Prosper Vandenbroucke
Enthusiast

Re: Was Panzerschütze a rank in Panzerregiments.

Post by Prosper Vandenbroucke »

Panzerschütze is the lowest rank in the Panzertruppe of the Bundeswehr and was the lowest rank in the Infanterie (mot) of the Wehrmacht.
Kindly regards from Belgium
Prosper :wink: :wink:
Alanmccoubrey
Contributor

Post by Alanmccoubrey »

Prosper Vandenbroucke wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:02 am Panzerschütze is the lowest rank in the Panzertruppe of the Bundeswehr and was the lowest rank in the Infanterie (mot) of the Wehrmacht.
Propser, you've mixed up the Infanterie(mot) with the Panzertruppen. The lowest rank in the Infanterie was just plain schütze, he can hardly have been a panzerschütze when his unit was a Panzer unit. The lowest rank in a Panzer Regiment was Panzerschütze.
Alan
Prosper Vandenbroucke
Enthusiast

Post by Prosper Vandenbroucke »

Alanmccoubrey wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:28 pm
Prosper Vandenbroucke wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:02 am Panzerschütze is the lowest rank in the Panzertruppe of the Bundeswehr and was the lowest rank in the Infanterie (mot) of the Wehrmacht.
Prosper, you've mixed up the Infanterie(mot) with the Panzertruppen. The lowest rank in the Infanterie was just plain schütze, he can hardly have been a panzerschütze when his unit was a Panzer unit. The lowest rank in a Panzer Regiment was Panzerschütze.
Yes Alan, you'r right but I have no mixed, I made a worse translation from german into english