387 ID and the death of a Russian General Lizukov

German Heer 1935-1945.

Moderator: John W. Howard

Igor Sdvizhkov

387 ID and the death of a Russian General Lizukov

Post by Igor Sdvizhkov »

Hi everyone!

I am looking for any information about the 387 ID during its summer battle of 1942. I have heard that there is possibly a book about the history of that division but it might not be officially published being instead a so called selfpublished book. So far I failed to find this book.
As for the original documents I need to say that unfortinately there are no records of this division neither in NARA nor in BA-MA.
Can anybody please help me with this?

The thing is that some soldiers of the division's 542 IR must have been involved in a mystirious episode with the Russian general LISUKOV (Russian spelling Lizukov) who together with his political comissar Assorov and the whole tank crew (except for only one member) was killed in action on the 23.7.1942. According to the crew member who managed to survive "German soldiers climbed onto the tank turret, retreived the documents from the General and looked through them"
What happened next is unknown, the information in the Russian military archives is very vague and up to now it is not known the fate of this Russian general.
Does anybody know anything about it or has heard a story like that?
It happened on the 23.7.1942 in the area to the north-west of Voronesh.
I will appreciate any help !!!
Thanks,
Igor.
Igor Sdvizhkov

Re: 387 ID and the death of a Russian General Lizukov

Post by Igor Sdvizhkov »

I am looking for a book about the history of the 387 ID.
The book is: 387. I.D. - Geschichte der 387. Infanterie-Division - Theo Tebart - Selbstverlag - o.O. o.J. - 134 S.

Can anybody help me find it please?

Your help is really appreciated! Thanks!
John W. Howard

Post by John W. Howard »

Hello Igor:
If the general was taken prisoner, he would have been moved up the chain of command for interrogation by intelligence officers. It seems likely that the general would have been interrogated not only by the 387ID, but also by VII Korps and 2. Armee to which 387ID belonged at the time; perhaps the Korps and Armee records contain some clues. Just a thought. Best wishes.
John W. Howard
Igor Sdvizhkov

Post by Igor Sdvizhkov »

Thanks, John!

I checked the documents of the 7 AK and the 2 field army but was not able to find any reference about the capture of that Russian general. He was killed in action and burried somewhere at the battle field.