German Casaulties in the East - 1941

German Heer 1935-1945.

Moderator: John W. Howard

Great Ajax

German Casaulties in the East - 1941

Post by Great Ajax »

I have a digital copy of the 'Personalverluste Heer im Osten ab 22.6.1941 ingesamt' that lists KIA, WIA, and Missing by month. My question regards the wounded figure which shows about 642k by January 1942. How are wounded reported here? Are they wounded men that had to be evacuated out of the Army Groups and counted as out of action for a significant amount of time or do they count minor injuries as well? Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

Trey
ljadw
Supporter

Re: German Casaulties in the East - 1941

Post by ljadw »

Great Ajax wrote:I have a digital copy of the 'Personalverluste Heer im Osten ab 22.6.1941 ingesamt' that lists KIA, WIA, and Missing by month. My question regards the wounded figure which shows about 642k by January 1942. How are wounded reported here? Are they wounded men that had to be evacuated out of the Army Groups and counted as out of action for a significant amount of time or do they count minor injuries as well? Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

Trey
IMHO,minor injuries were not counted .
It was the same for the non combat losses (sick,....)(some 390000):only those soldiers were counted who had to leave the backward area of the three Army Groups .