Hello to all
; more follows.......................
At the Advanced CP.
So soon it was confirmed that the Soviet main strike was triggered against Krasny Bor, as already we saw, General Esteban-Infantes had moved to the Advanced CP established in Raykolovo, to try to direct the battle from there. Around 12:00 hours (peculiarly, the same hour in that Simoniak informed to Sviridov that he had taken the effective control of Krasny Bor, according to the Historical record of the Soviet 55º Army) the situation, as it was seen from the Divisional CP was the following one:
•The Iº/262 and the Company of Skiers 250º had been beaten and overwhelmed.
• The IIº/262 had been crushed and only “the Bastión" had resisted yet;.
• The Reserve battalion 250º had sustained serious losses and had been beaten also. It was known that Oroquieta resisted.
• The IIIº/262 had suffered enough with the artillery fire, but it had not faced an strong infantry assault as the three before mentioned Battalions, hence it stayed in his positions, although with its right flank threatened.
• The Anti-tank battalion 250º had lost practically all their material in the unequal fights against the Soviet tanks.
• The Companies of the Engineers Battalion 250º had not been able to contain the rupture, although Aramburu, with his 3ª Company, had stayed firmly next to "the Bastión".
• The squadrons of the Reconnaissance Detachment 250º had been bled in the counterattacks, without managing to seal the breaches.
• The Group Iº/ AR 250 and the batteries which had been attached to it had lost, practically, all its pieces and its ammunition was on the verge of run out.
The Spanish general, practically, did not have reserves. The Iº/263 (Comandante/Maj Blanco Linares), it had begun to move its two Companies which had in Federovskoye towards the Ishora since 08:00 hours, while it started up towards the sector the other two Companies of the Battalion. The reserves of the neighbor 269º Regiment, given the lack of motorised vehicles, arrived slowly and in addition we cannot forget that it was the IIº/269 (Capitán Merry), a unit which just finished its reorganization and was incomplete.
The general ordered to make use of the Battalion of Repatriation which was in the rear ready to return to Spain. But the Battalion had not weapons. Neither there were means of transport to bring it fast from Vyarlevo. Fearing that he himself could be a casualty at any time, General Esteban-Infantes ordered Colonel Carlos Rubio, Commander of the 269º Regiment who had came to Raykolovo, to be ready to assume the command of the division.
Sources: Morir en Rusia. La División Azul en Krasny Bor.
Cheers. Raúl M
Serás lo que debas ser o no serás nada. General José de San Martín.