Any Panzer IV in DAK

German Heer 1935-1945.

Moderator: John W. Howard

Jorg

Any Panzer IV in DAK

Post by Jorg »

Hello.

Have you any precisely informations about any Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf.E in Africa Corps(paint scheme, photographs, informations about crew...).

I need this informations because i want make plastic model.

Thanks for all help.

George
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

Try looking here....

http://www.afrikakorps.org/
Thanks. Dave.
Jorg

Post by Jorg »

Thanks for help David W, this web is interesting but I didn't found there informations about Panzer IV.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello Jorg!

According to the following website, 40 Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. D & E were sent to North Africa for service in Pz.Rgt. 5 and Pz.Rgt. 8...

http://www.wwiivehicles.com/germany/tan ... ausf-e.asp

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
cedric mas

Re: Any Panzer IV in DAK

Post by cedric mas »

Perhaps I'm late but I can give you some informations to complete the previous answers on Panzer IV Ausf. D & E of DAK in 1941.

For Panzer-regiment 5 (5. Leichte-division/ 21. Panzer-division) had 20 Pz IV, all Ausf. D (given to the regiment till autumn 1940). 12 Pz IV Ausf. D with no additional armor plate and 8 with reinforced frontal armor. But during the loading in Naples, a fire caught in the "Leverkusen" and 3 Pz IV on board were lost. Replacements were shipped to North Africa in Spring 1941 and joined the front until 29th of april 1941.
These 3 Panzer IV were brand new Ausf. E, directly from the ordnance depot.
To be noted : 1 Pz IV Ausf D/E rebuilt in factory in otocber 1940 with a chassis of Ausf. D type and an Ausf. E superstructure and turret.

For Panzer-regiment 8 (15. Panzer-division) had Panzer IV delivered at the end of december 1940 and during spring 41. 20 Panzer IV of the followings types :
- 10 Pz IV Ausf. D with no reinforced armor protection ;
- 5 Pz IV Ausf. E with reinforced frontal armor ;
- 5 Pz IV Ausf. D with additional frontal armor ;

all informations from JENTZ's unvaluable book "Tank combat in North Africa - The Opening rounds".

In summer 1941, 5 Panzer IV were received as replacements for Panzer-regiment 5. No informations on types...

And nothing more until the 19th of december 1941 with 68 Panzer IV sent from Italy to North Africa, and only 34 reaching Tripoli and Benghasi (3. and 7. / Panzer-regiment 5 sunken, and 3. and 7. / Panzer-regiment 8 arrived). These new Panzer IV were mainly Ausf. F (called sometimes F1 because equipped with 7,5cm kurtz).

I have different numbers of total of Panzer IV sent in NA : between 333 and 352 according to the sources, all types, but maily "kurtz".

Hope this will help,

regards,

CM