New stampcollector inhere

German stamps, coins and paper money 1919-1945.
Kloster

New stampcollector inhere

Post by Kloster »

Greetings!

Looking forward to see this subforum running - Im a stamp collector myself, been it on and off for the last 12 years, granddad got me into it.. :)

Im mainly collecting german stamps - 1872 - 1945 + states (if i find any) and the varius stamps made by the allied forces in Germany + the german made aswell :)

Envelopes at times, only if i find something i like :)

Hope to see some more people showing their interest in this subforum and type of collecting :)

Kloster
Last edited by Kloster on Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Welcome, and congrats on your collecting interest! I only started collecting recently but I have a rather large collection of German stamps from the states up to modern. My WWII collection is nearly complete, the period 1872-1933 is 90% complete, and my colonies and states are very strong. I just came across a huge collection of German states stamps with hundreds of duplicates so if you are looking for any particular stamps let me know and we can work something out.

All the best!
Kloster

Post by Kloster »

Jason Pipes wrote:Welcome, and congrats on your collecting interest! I only started collecting recently but I have a rather large collection of German stamps from the states up to modern. My WWII collection is nearly complete, the period 1872-1933 is 90% complete, and my colonies and states are very strong. I just came across a huge collection of German states stamps with hundreds of duplicates so if you are looking for any particular stamps let me know and we can work something out.

All the best!
jesus :!: :wink:

I can only dream of such a "complete" collection, me being a poor mailman en all :(

the state stamps you found, was it a flea marked or ?
The only time ive encounted something like that was 8 years ago, got the old and the new hindeburg series (daily stamps - not grief) for a measly $2 - they were all used and still sitting on the doc they were send by, sadly the man just cut the envelope in pices just to sell the stamps :/

My '33 - '45 would be near 85% complete, thats without dienst-feld and such.

got a decent amout of the 1875 - 1932 stamps - sadly i cant afford many of the better sets in that period, nor some of the 1972 (few here and there) 2 small shield - 5 large shield - after that it starts to look somewhat more complete - but still a long time to get em done :)

Kloster
Kimmo
Supporter

Post by Kimmo »

Me being a poor also, so Reich and the earlier states in nowhere near of complete. However BRD with cancellations is nearly finished and I'm just starting DDR.

Jason, (and the rest of you) when you say that your WWII collection is nearly complete, do you mean also that you have the feldpost stamps?

I mean I've been looking at the catalog and I doubt that I will ever even see the DAK fieldpost stamp (Mi 5)? It's _really_ expensive and for a reason too.

Just curious...
~ One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry ~
Oscar Wilde
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Ok, I stand corrected. When I say nearly complete, I mean all the regular issues, air mail issues, semi-postal issues, and related stamps. This is a rather substantial lump of stamps to be sure, but it of course doesn't account for all stamps from the period. As you rightly pointed out there are a number of feldpost stamps and unoffical issues that exist that are often hard to find. Taking into account all the occupation issues, feldpost issues, and obscure stuff (as well as all the "normal" issue) I would say my collection 1933-1945 is about 70% complete. Otherwise, it's about 95% complete.
Bill Medland
Supporter

Post by Bill Medland »

Hi Guys,
Third Reich postal history is my main outlay when I invest money in my wartime hobbies... I really made a big move forward when I moved to Germany and found myself near the source of material, so to speak. It is important to use the Michel catalogue when doing any worthwhile research in German postal history, I even got a few items that are not in the Catalogue!!!!

Anyway as Germany 1933 to 1945 goes, I am missing 5 stamps. From the occupation issues 1938- 1945, I would guess about 90% are there, but I do have a 30 year head start on some other forum members! :D

I started recently to collect Axis countries 1939- 1945, of which Slovakia, Croatia and Hungary are complete. Hope to make a start on Finland 1941-1944 soon.

Good stamp hunting! Bill Medland.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Bill, do you have any occupation or legion issues available for trade or sale? It sounds like you have a nice collection! Do you have all the occupation and legion issues for Belgium, France, India, and Russia? Some of the Russian ones are pretty obscure and hard to find. I'm also trying to find the 1939 "Memelland ist Frei" overprint set on 4 Lithuanian stamps. Not very expensive, about 50 bucks, but really obscure and very hard to find.
Bill Medland
Supporter

Post by Bill Medland »

Hi Jason,

I have answered your post with a pm.

I am the proud owner of "Memel ist frei!" stamps used on cover!!

Best regards,Bill Medland.
Kimmo
Supporter

Post by Kimmo »

Bill Medland wrote:Hi Guys, Hope to make a start on Finland 1941-1944 soon.
Let me know when you'll get started with this as my father collects Finnish stamps (has been so for the past 40 to 50 years) and has a nearly finished Finnish stamp collection with only few earliest and rarest stamp issues from the 19th-century missing.

He has a lot of doubles and probably would be willing to sell.

Kimmo
~ One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry ~
Oscar Wilde
Kloster

Post by Kloster »

just to keep the interest up, a recntly acquirement.

the picture isnt mine, since I dont have a scanner, however the conditions looks fairly the same.

http://www.stamp-coin.com/images/01/6775.jpg - dutch legion sheet, not hinged or anything, but with age on mine

http://www.stamp-coin.com/images/01/6782.jpg - singles, a better closeup of the stamps in the sheet i bought

Kloster
Rudi S.
WWII Vet

Hello Stamp Collectors

Post by Rudi S. »

I started collecting stamps when I entered highschool in 1938 and collected in three 3-inch thick albums (USA, Germany, and World) until the late 1980s when I lost interest.
If you are looking for a special one(s), let me know and I'll look for it (them).
Happy collecting!
Rudi S.
Stalingrad
Contributor

Post by Stalingrad »

My Opa owns alot of stamps, from all over the world, including the Thrird Reich. I was looking at them last week, and I found it very interesting. By the Way Rudi S., gibt es auch eine Grossdeutschlandbriefmarke?
Wo ist die Feldküche?
Rudi S.
WWII Vet

German Stamps

Post by Rudi S. »

Hello Stalingrad,
while sending you a msg, I goofed and lost it before sending it.
Anyway, I wanted to tell you that in my opinion, there was never a "Großdeutschland" stamp.
From 1872 on until 1942, stamps had the imprint "Deutsches Reich'.
The first "Grossdeutsches Reich" I could find was issued 1942/3. From there on, they were all "Grossdeutsches Reich". However, I found one 1943 Stamp with the imprint: "UND IHR HABT DOCH GESIEGT" WITH ANOTHER IMPRINT OF "1923 9. November 1943" (24 + 36 Pfennige). This one was issued as 'Deutsches Reich'. The companion stamp (54 + 96 Pfennige) had die imprint "Grossdeutsches Reich" and " 30. Januar 1944".

Best regards, Rudi S.
Stalingrad
Contributor

Post by Stalingrad »

Thanks for the info, just gotta say that your bio is great to. :D

Servus!
Wo ist die Feldküche?
dengwen168

Post by dengwen168 »

Hi, i am from china, i am very intrested in collecting stamp, i 'd like to make friends with all of you!
if somebody wanna buy chinese post stamp, please contact me! my email:
[email protected]
Thx!!