1924(?) Reichsbanknote

German stamps, coins and paper money 1919-1945.
Abolith

1924(?) Reichsbanknote

Post by Abolith »

I recently came to posses a decent stack of uncirculated bank notes still in the unbroken banknote wrapper and (of course) with serial numbers in numerical order. I was wiondering if this kind of thing is worth anything or more of an item that is collected for fun (not that I would sell them, as my Grandfather brought them back from berlin in 46`) however my aunt has an even bigger stack of various values and ha sbeen thinking about getting rid of them.
Kloster

Post by Kloster »

sorry for the late reply, had to join the forum first :wink:

Ive been talking with my local stamp dealer, he tells me that he sells papermoney from that time for around $0.50 - $1 per paper, he couldnt tell me a value about such as you have - it could be something, it could be nothing, do you have any pictures of it? (scan.)

Kloster
Abolith

nope sorry, no scans

Post by Abolith »

no scanner sorry but they are stamped printed august 30, 1924
http://www.bobi.net/wvsbo/wvs/museum/Scheincpg.jpg
the URL's are pictures of the same banknotes (although mine 100% are perfect mint cond and still in the bank of berlin wrapper)
Kloster

Post by Kloster »

havnt been abel to talk with my local stamp/coin dealer since he is in the hospital, he should be back tomorrow or something during this week, ill see if i can get a reply for you :)

Kloster
silver

Post by silver »

this note 20 reichsmarks 1929, Pick#181, prices by catalogue: VG=0.25,VF=1.50,UNC=6.50