German feldpost 1914 to 1918

German stamps, coins and paper money 1919-1945.
Kimmo
Supporter

German feldpost 1914 to 1918

Post by Kimmo »

As I've gained really valuable information from this forum, I'm asking again some advices and information to a question, that even my local philately shop couldn't answer.

Is there a catalogue of the German feldpost during the years 1914 to 1918? I looked the Michel web page and they didn't seem to have a catalogue from those years. Only the WWII feldpost seems to be there.

The philately shop I visited never heard of a catalogue of WWI feldpost, but were almost certain that there should be one, as Germans seems to be printing catalogues from almost every possible and non possible subjects...

?
~ One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry ~
Oscar Wilde
Arne
Contributor

Post by Arne »

DIE DEUTSCHE FELDPOST IM ERSTEN WELTKRIEG 1914 - 1918
Handbook and catalog
ab. 200 pp
by Anderson, Burkhardt, Knoop u.a.
(about 40 Euro)
Kimmo
Supporter

Post by Kimmo »

Thanks for that information, now I only need to find out where I can get a copy. Perhaps my local philately shop can order one from somewhere...
~ One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry ~
Oscar Wilde
Siegfried

Post by Siegfried »

This may not be the place to post this, but at a show a couple years ago I happened to buy a whole bag of Feldpost letters! I picked out all the WWII ones (there were hundreds!), and am now left with a couple hundred WWI Feldpost letters. I don't want them...does anyone?

S~
Opa
Supporter

Amazon.de

Post by Opa »

Check http://www.amazon.de/ under search term Feldpost. There are several books on Feldpost World War I.
Honny soit qui mal y pense!