German postcards

German stamps, coins and paper money 1919-1945.
RF

German postcards

Post by RF »

Dear Jason & fellow forum members,

While not a collector of German stamps or coins, I am an avid collector of German postcards. If anyone needs help determining origin, subject matter, location, etc. I will help as time permits. I do not specialize in the Nazi-era topics, but can assist primarily with former German territories or simple translations, locating, etc. I have 1000+ German postcards in my collection, including, but not limited to, Berlin (primarily Imperial era), real-photo postcards of the post-WW1 Revolution/street-fighting, WW1 patriotic lithographs, Military monuments (denkmal), statues & cemeteries, etc. Some of the more rare examples are posted at my webpage =

http://hometown.aol.com/germanpostcards/page3.html

The top real-photo postcard at this webpage shows what was left of the Berlin Siegesallee after the 1945 surrender, along with another post-WW2 view of the Siegessaule (1871 Victory Column) with a French flag atop and a British flag alongside on the ground.

I would ask that prior to sending any attachment, you first email me so I don't open any photos with possible viruses.

Thanks for adding this category Jason.

regards,

R Fogt
ramon
Supporter

Post by ramon »

I certainly look forward to your contribution to the postcard aspects of this forum. I have collected propaganda postcards of Germany for 40 years and love the field.
Kimmo
Supporter

Post by Kimmo »

Hi!

I also collect postcards and photographs from Germany and I wonder could you answer my question, regarding a company that seem to have manufactured most of the postcards in Germany, during the thirties and forties.

The company being Echte Photographie and it seems to appear almost on every postcard that I have. I just would like to know a bit more about this company, like when it was started and when it ceased to exist as I've noticed that the postcards that I have from the fifties, don't have the Echte Photographie mark anymore.

So do you know anything about this company and any sources where I could look a bit more information?
~ One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry ~
Oscar Wilde
Arne
Contributor

Post by Arne »

"Echte Photographie" is not a company but sort of a quality standart. As you may know it translates as "real photographic picture". It just means it was done on photographic paper, not printed by a printing machine.
Kimmo
Supporter

Post by Kimmo »

Arne wrote:"Echte Photographie" is not a company but sort of a quality standart. As you may know it translates as "real photographic picture". It just means it was done on photographic paper, not printed by a printing machine.
Heh...thanks for answering, now I feel stupid :)

I had translated the text, but never came to think that the answer was so obivious...
~ One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry ~
Oscar Wilde
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

Wondering if R. Fogt post cards is still
available?

Tried email but was returned.
Annelie

Re: German postcards

Post by Bill Medland »

Hi Forum,

I have a selection of German WW2 postcards on my website,

Did you know a wartime film is added to Bills-Bunker every weekend....
Bill Medland, Railway and Postal history of the Third Reich.

http://www.bills-bunker.de