SS-Kriegsberichter Alefs or SS-Kriegsberichter Hoffmann

A place to post photographs and to ask about photographic research.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Bagaudas

SS-Kriegsberichter Alefs or SS-Kriegsberichter Hoffmann

Post by Bagaudas »

Good afternoon.

I had saved these photographs long ago in my archives, the first two I think belong to the same kriegsberichter, a correspondent of the Waffen-SS named Alefs, who had made several reports in Hungary, during the fighting of October-November 1944.

The first two, I repeat, were, at least one of them performed by the SS-Kriegsberichter Alefs, assigned to the 4 SS-Kriegsberichter Kompanie, 4 SS-Panzergrenadier Division. And they were made in the Pomeranian area, in early or mid-February 1945.

The third photograph is of the same dates as the previous two but in the credits of the photograph the following Marmulla Hoffmann is reflected. I do not know if it's the name of the person who made it, or of a relative, his wife or his son. I know there was a war correspondent, also from the Waffen-SS surnamed Hoffmann, or Hofmann, so I do not know if it's from that correspondent or the previous war correspondent. The photograph seems to be made in the same sector, and in fact they identify it as being done in Pyritz, a town in Pomerania in whose vicinity the 4 SS-Panzergrenadier division was fighting, the SS-Kriegsberichter Alefs was added to its company of war correspondents. But I do not know if he was in that Hoffmann unit.
Attachments
SS-Kriegsberichter_Alefs_Pommern_01.01.1945.jpg
SS-Kriegsberichter_Alefs_Pommern_01.01.1945.jpg (77.96 KiB) Viewed 5334 times
SS-KB_Alefs_Pommern_01.02.1945..1.jpg
SS-KB_Alefs_Pommern_01.02.1945..1.jpg (39.73 KiB) Viewed 5334 times
SS-KB_Febrero-1945_Pomerania.jpg
SS-KB_Febrero-1945_Pomerania.jpg (202.72 KiB) Viewed 5334 times
lambertin

Re: SS-Kriegsberichter Alefs or SS-Kriegsberichter Hoffmann

Post by lambertin »

Great pics!
I always play with dignity. I get the best video slot games experience playing for free uk slots no deposit. There are a vast number of games available online. It's now or never!
xavier
Contributor

Re: SS-Kriegsberichter Alefs or SS-Kriegsberichter Hoffmann

Post by xavier »

last picture is a 8cm mortar squad, visible are a baseplate and several wooden wurfgranate boxes
"Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit"

Constant practice devoted to one subject often outdues both intelligence and skill:
Cicero