In Germany, but where? Kaiserslautern?

A place to post photographs and to ask about photographic research.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Alex Dekker
Associate

In Germany, but where? Kaiserslautern?

Post by Alex Dekker »

Hi all,

What a great day... NOT! I tried to find a second picture on the www or my pc, no succes so far! Here is the first one: https://www.facebook.com/28541164482774 ... =3&theater on FB, on the page of the book about my granddad (like the page if you like it :wink: ). Taken the end of March in 1945. I know nothing about this picture, except that my granddad is the one with the glasses. The picture was taken when he was just a few days a POW of the Americans. I know there is another pic, same location, same angle. But where is this pic??? And also, where were these taken? Can it be Kaiserslautern? Saarlautern or Saarbrücken?

Maybe this helps: On March 25th 1945 the railbridge at Germersheim was blown up. My granddad stayed at the westbank and surrendered to the Americans. He was send south and ended in France at first. the picture was taken during his marching towards France.

Any help is appriciated!!!
Always in need for info about: Dutchmen in the NSKK, HJ and TeNo.
Alex Dekker
Associate

Re: In Germany, but where? Kaiserslautern?

Post by Alex Dekker »

http://deanoworldtravels.files.wordpres ... e-1945.jpg

The second pic I was looking for. And thanks to Mozilla Firefox and Google: It was Karlsruhe. Now, let see if I can visit this specific location this summer :D !
Alex Dekker
Associate

Re: In Germany, but where? Kaiserslautern?

Post by Alex Dekker »

Let me pinpoint the EXACT location :wink: : The Weinstrasse, in Oberotterbach. The Höckerlinie is fully destroyed, the road is still there. We will go down there! :up: