Information second world war.

A place to post photographs and to ask about photographic research.

Moderator: sniper1shot

J.G.Wever

Information second world war.

Post by J.G.Wever »

Sehr geerte leute,

Mein name ist Jan G.Wever ,54 Jahre alt und ich wohne auf die Insel Terschelling.
Jetzt habe ich eine besondere Bitte an Sie über den Zweiten Weltkrieg.

In die zweiten Weltkrieg sind auf Terschelling fiele bunkers gebaut (West- und Ost Batterie) und jetzt ist meine frage, haben Sie oder Familie information oder foto’s und zeichnungen von die bunkers.(zum beispiel „die Tiger- stellung“) Alles ist wilkom.
Oder wissen Sie of dar noch menschen sein die im krieg auf Terschelling gewesen sind und foto’s haben.
Wir haben einen Verein (bunkers auf Terschelling)gegründet und ich bin sehr interessiert im bunker bau und special auf Terschelling und wie es war im zweiten weltkrieg.
Das Ziel ist die Errichtung eines museum in einem commandobunker (Tiger)
Ich habe schon fiele internetsites besucht aber dar war keine information.
Ich hoffe das Sie mir hielfen konnen und ich bin Sie sehr dankbar darfur.
Mijn e-mail adresse ist: [email protected]
Vielen dank.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

J.G.Wever.

(Entschuldigung, dass mein Deutsch nicht so gut ist.)
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Re: Information second world war.

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Herr Wever, although this forum is for the study of Germany in WWII, it's an English language operation. There are several here who are especially interested in bunkers, but please post in English. I don't know how strong your English is, but even if it's weak, don't worry. It's most likely better than my skills in any other language!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
haen2
WWII Vet

Post by haen2 »

Geen nood, mijn nederlands is ook niet zo goed meer. 8)
Don't worry, my dutch isn't so good anymore either .
Anyway, I will ask one of my cousins in nederland, who's father served in the "Wach & Schutz dienst", and I think he was at one point stationed on one of the wadden islands. Don't hold your breath though, because getting information from a Hollander, who's father was "fout", is sometimes like pulling teeth :(
Geetings
H.N.
joined forum early spring of 2002 as Haen- posts: legio :-)

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think !
storm39
Supporter

Post by storm39 »

Mr Wever's post says

Dear members,

My name is Jan G. Wever I am 54 years old and live on the island of Terschelling. Now I have a special request to you on WW2. In WW2 there were many bunkers built on Terschelling (west and East batteries) and now my question is - Do you or your family have information, photos or drawings of the bunkers for example the "Tiger" position. Everything is welcome. Or do you know of people who were on Terschelling and may have photos. We have set up an association (Bunkers on Terschelling) and I am very interested in bunker construction and especially on Terschelling and how it was there during WW2. The objective is the building of a museum in a command bunker (Tiger). I've looked on many internet sites and found no information. I hope you can help me and I would be grateful. My e-mail address is

[email protected]

many thanks
regards
J.G.Wever
storm39
Supporter

Post by storm39 »

Mr Wever,

A photo album on Terschelling was recently sold by Janssen Militiaria. The photos are still there on his site. You may find them interesting.
cordelius100

Post by cordelius100 »

There are a couple of photos of the bunkers and trenches circulating on the internet, :D
but they are fairly recent and the bunkers are nowhere close to the condition they were in :(
during the war. Here's one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vliegerfot ... 402915513/