Another Identification, Please

A place to post photographs and to ask about photographic research.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Darkdeacon

Another Identification, Please

Post by Darkdeacon »

So I went through your website Christoph and I have made some "guesses" for this one, but once again, would like your opinion?

There's no substitute for good old experience.

It is funny because I am in the military now, and our structure no where nears this kind of structure. We have units basically and thats it and no where near the amount of personnel. This is all very interesting, I wish I had started it earlier.

Division/Regiment/Rank please?

I am assuming that is a "32"?

Christoph Awender
Patron

Post by Christoph Awender »

Hello

Yes looks also like a 32 to me. Colour of arm is again most likely white for infantry so it would be a Leutnant of Infanterieregiment 32/24.Infanteriedivision.

THe badges are the Hitlerjugend-Leistungsabzeichen and the German Sports badge.
The bandclasps are most likely the Iron Cross second class and the War merit cross second class.

\Christoph
mightythor99
Enthusiast

looks like a 7 to me, possibly 37th regiment........

Post by mightythor99 »

take a look at a posting a little farther down, someone asking about info on their grandfather, and they posted a picture of him in his dress uniform,.....his regiment is 22nd, you can see good detail shots of his shoulder boards, and yours, and determine which one your is that way. it is hard to tell from a computer image sometimes.
if it is 37th regiment,.............it's 6th division,..............

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gli ... r/IR37.htm

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gli ... en/6ID.htm

hope that helps!!
happy new year!
I am interested in buying / trading for photo albums, photo groupings, diaries, feldpost groupings,etc, from any country in the world, any army/navy, etc, mostly 20th century!!