[Wanted] Waffen-SS Soldbuch

WWII era German related items being sought, sold or traded.
D_Dutch
Supporter

[Wanted] Waffen-SS Soldbuch

Post by D_Dutch »

Hello everybody,

Due to the fact that a Waffen-SS Soldbuch I had my eyes on was sold just before I sent the dealer an e-mail, I am still looking for a nice example to use it in my upcoming Waffen-SS display for a museum exhibition I am having next year. Also a link to a web dealer who has a nice Waffen-SS Soldbuch for sale is much appreciated. I am willing to pay up to €2000,- / $2700.00 for an interesting piece. Below are some requirements I have for the example I am looking for;

Soldbuch Requirements:

- All the pages are present
- In an average to good condition
- The person to whom it was issued to was born after 1920
- Pass photograph in Waffen-SS uniform is attached to the Soldbuch
- Was awarded at least one combat award
- Extra documents are always a big plus

Any help will be appreciated a lot! :D

With kind regards,

Koen.
haen2
WWII Vet

Re: [Wanted] Waffen-SS Soldbuch

Post by haen2 »

Word to the wise:
Watch out, there are very very very many reproductions out there, originally made for re-enactors, but sometimes being tried to sell as the real thing.
Personally, a very good friend, made me a reproduction soldbuch, based on my Stammkarte and info i had given him.
If it were not for his dedication to me on the inside of the rear, it could pass easily, and i say easily (the guy is góóóóód) for the real thing. Other than that it still looks brand new, and I have no plans to "age"it artificially.
In other words "Caveat Emptor" !!!!
HN
joined forum early spring of 2002 as Haen- posts: legio :-)

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think !
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

HN is very correct. I have seen his repro Soldbuch and I have also seen a number of original SS Soldbuchs in Germany that the original owners had given to a friend. HN's looks just like an original and the colored inks and pencils along with the rubber stamp impressions make his repro look most impressive. Even the paper is special. I also know the man who made that Soldbuch and his skills as a document forger are second to none. Fortunately, this man does not need extra money and only does such work for his friends as a hobby.
John
haen2
WWII Vet

Post by haen2 »

Thank you John,
He also reproduced some other papers for me, like the certificates for K.V.K.2, E.K.1, Inf.St.Abz.,and Verw.abz. black. Even was able to find the signatures of then current commanders, and reproduced them. Also done on special paper, and with authentic looking stamps. :[] This guy is great. :up:
It's a hobby for him, he also restores old swords etc.. Luckily as you say he does not have to do it for money (not even wants to) has very adequate income as retired Col. and U.S.Government Executive.
I thought I posted scans of the soldbuch some time ago, but cannot find them anymore.
HN.

b.t.w. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE, AND HAPPY NEWYEAR.
joined forum early spring of 2002 as Haen- posts: legio :-)

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think !
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Back in 2008 a thread was started on Feldgrau about the subject of SS document forgeries where your Sodbuch was discussed

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=29538&hilit=forged ... s&start=45

John