M 43 stick grenade...DEWAT

WWII era German related items being sought, sold or traded.
SOTD

M 43 stick grenade...DEWAT

Post by SOTD »

Model 43 stick grenade....DEWAT (deactivated war trophy) Handle marked "44 gck", Head stencil marked "gck" (inside thread well) and "Do 7/1944". BZE igniter surmounts the head, and threaded part of fuze is frail, so not really for playing with at that reenactment..... Ordnance tan painted head, with rust spots. Overall excellent condition. Perfect for display.

$550.00 US shipping and such can be determined...if paypal, mark it as a "gift"

I am sorry, but I cannot get photos in due to the "size"....I thought I was using an appropriate camera...let me know, and I will send pics to you, via email
sebastian
Contributor

Re: M 43 stick grenade...DEWAT

Post by sebastian »

550 for a stick grenade?Bejees
united we stand,divided we fall
Simon H
Associate

Post by Simon H »

For a moment there I thought "Dewat" was an expression of surprise! :D

Rather a high price for an M43, but if someone wants it bad enough no doubt they will fork out the money...
Simon Harrold

WW2 Battlefield Relics: German Erkennungsmarken decoded.
SOTD

Re: M 43 stick grenade...DEWAT...and deless...

Post by SOTD »

Well, a re sized photo...sorry for the delay. I regret that some do not find the price acceptable, as I do try to review the various sales and consignment sites and price my items accordingly, and most often lower. The things I am letting go have been in the collection for up to 30 years or more....not dug items. I don't knock those, for they have a more distinct story, coming right from the site of conflict, whereas most everything on this side of the pond came back with vets (or off the back of a PW), losing the backstory over time.
Besides, as I remarked to a friend in France, we can dig up relics going back to 1604, but he can go in the backyard and find Roman coins!
So...you might find relics cheaper over there(believe me, I go round and round with European buyers who claim they can "get it cheaper"and they are welcome to do so...),but,is your MP-40 functional? :D

...and $460 for now.
Attachments
m-43 stick.jpg
m-43 stick.jpg (44.63 KiB) Viewed 5063 times
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

SOTD - You do not appear to be a financial contributor to Feldgrau. That is a requirement prior to posting items here for sale which is clearly stated in an Announcement at the top of this forum. Please make the requried minimum contribution with 48 hours or I will delete this topic plus the other two for sale topics that you have recently posted.

BTW, Your asking price for the stick grenade is ridiculous and only an idiot would pay tht amount of money.

John Moore
sebastian
Contributor

Post by sebastian »

now...is your mp40 working? :wink:

Cheers Seb
Simon H
Associate

Post by Simon H »

sebastian wrote:now...is your mp40 working? :wink:

Cheers Seb
Mine isn't Seb, but I'd not be allowed a working example over here anyway :wink:

I don't think I'll be losing any sleep over that. :beer:
Simon Harrold

WW2 Battlefield Relics: German Erkennungsmarken decoded.
sebastian
Contributor

Post by sebastian »

i was talking to sotd,no probs simon
Cheers