Wanted: Halder, Zeitzler & Warlimont Journals

WWII era German related items being sought, sold or traded.
Frundsberg13

Wanted: Halder, Zeitzler & Warlimont Journals

Post by Frundsberg13 »

Hi All,

I am looking for the journals or diaries of Gen. Franz Halder NARA N-16845-A, the CARL has 3 parts but are unable to upload the sections for 1941-42 which are of course the parts I need.

Additionally, I am interested in copies of Gen. Zeitzler's war journals and Gen. Walter Warlimont's Inside Hitler's HQ 1939-1945.
All of these have been published in book form and used copies would be fine. I'm only interested in the content so the books don't need to be collector grade.

Thanks!
Robert
Frundsberg 13
Richard Hargreaves
Author

Re: Wanted: Halder, Zeitzler & Warlimont Journals

Post by Richard Hargreaves »

The only published version of the Halder diaries I know of in English is one by Greenhill from the late 80s - copies are floating around for around £50. It's edited so it's not complete but the excisions aren't too bad. The IWM in London has a complete set of the English translation, but you'll have to study in person.

David Irving had access to some of Warlimont's papers; you can buy them on microfilm or pdf on CD from Microform. I'm not aware of a published Warlimont diary (there might be extracts in his memoirs - a long time since I read them). You can pick up his memoirs on Abebooks for under £10.

As for Zeitzler, I'm not aware of any diary - certainly BA-MA does not hold any, although it does have some of Zeitzler's papers, including his unpublished memoirs. Personally, I'd be very wary of any of his post-war writings if his account of Stalingrad in the Fatal Decisions is anything to go by. :[]
No-one who speaks German could be an evil man
Leandros
Supporter

Re: Wanted: Halder, Zeitzler & Warlimont Journals

Post by Leandros »

Karl Klee's Unternehmen Seelöwe, second volume has a large part of Halder's diary. I do not remember if it goes beyond the scope of the subject, I have mislaid that volume.
http://www.fredleander.com - buy my book on Operation Sea Lion