Forum Hero Tales book now for sale!!

WWII era German related items being sought, sold or traded.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Forum Hero Tales book now for sale!!

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Ladies and Gentlemen, Damen und Herren, Mesdames et Messieurs! The day you have all eagerly awaited is here! :D

Now, at last, you too can own the Forum Hero Tales! Volumes I & II! Be the first one on your block to hold these precious volumes in your hands! :[]

Painstakingly edited from original manuscripts, unearthed at great expense and with great perseverance. :roll: Edited with the most loving care by yours truly. 8) Illustrated by our own Waleed, with maps courtesy of Maps At War. :wink: They are finally available in published form! Would you believe TWO VOLUMES??? :shock:

http://stores.lulu.com/houlihant

Now, before you go rushing off with credit card in hand, supplies are limited. Each buyer is limited to 12 sets, :shock: so hurry. But, know this! :!:

I set the price low enough so that EVERYONE here can buy at least one set :up: . The profits will go toward Feldgrau. :up: :up: So, you'll get great reading material and help the Forum at the same time!! :beer: :up: :beer:
Last edited by Jason Pipes on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Made a sticky as I think this deserves wider acknowledgement.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Re: Forum Hero Tales book now for sale!!

Post by John P. Moore »

I'm looking forward to reading the first review from somebody.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

John P. Moore wrote:I'm looking forward to reading the first review from somebody.
Rules me out... I wrote one, and edited the books! My opinion is probably skewed a bit.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Waleed Y. Majeed
Patron

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed »

Great news Tom!

Hope the illustrations turned out well on print.
Would love to have a copy, but as it is right now I have to turn every penny...
and unfortunately they only have two sides :roll: Living on unemployment benefits and
the wife's income - a bummer!

As your supplies are limited I can't very well ask you to put a copy aside for better times
and as the forum/site is in trouble it wouldn't be fair to others either.

Best of luck with the sale!

waleed
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Tom - Could you possibly post a couple of sample pages from the books so people could get a better idea of what is being offered for sale?

john
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Not exactly, John. I don't have my own copies in hand yet.

I can say that all of the Tales from Soldatenheim (except two that were never finished) are here. They've all been edited and put together nicely. There are a couple of maps, and a few illustrations by a member going under the name Yacov Mejedski. I've attached one of them for the moment.
Attachments
in crew.jpg
in crew.jpg (403.77 KiB) Viewed 24713 times
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Waleed Y. Majeed
Patron

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed »

And if you're wondering who and what the h.ll they're looking at :D
I can say a typical MAS of Italians viewing (staring!) at beautiful barely dressed and
well proportioned Russian girls on the beach without uniforms!

It was fun doing a few well placed illustrations... 8)

Thanks Tom :wink:

"Yacov"
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Waleed Y. Majeed wrote:And if you're wondering who and what the h.ll they're looking at :D
I can say a typical MAS of Italians viewing (staring!) at beautiful barely dressed and
well proportioned Russian girls on the beach without uniforms!
Okay, so we gots pitchers of nekkid wimmen. Okay, just one. :wink:
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Is there a picture of Commissar D, the Evil in the book?
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

John P. Moore wrote:Is there a picture of Commissar D, the Evil in the book?
No, I couldn't find/create a good one..
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Hi Folks!

I just wanted to say that, last Tuesday, after picking up my wife from the airport, I came home to find a package for me. Seeing my name, I didn't bother to read the sender's name, since I was expecting other packages on which I had frittered away my money. So, I turned the package on its back and opened it. Seeing the backs of two books, I was somewhat surprised, as I hadn't ordered two books. Then I flipped them over and saw the covers!

Let it only be said that I was honored, flattered, thrilled, overwhelmed and ecstatic--all in the same moment!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Everything was there, biographies of some of the Forum Heroes, stories written by other Forum Heroes, illustrations, maps--the entire range of what any one who has written anything could ever want to see!!!! :D :D :D

I had no idea whatsoever that Tom was preparing them--he did all the editing, corrections, maps and publishing and managed to secure the magnificent illustrations of Waleed, all at the same time keeping the secret from the Commissar! I'm certain the NKVD will not be pleased, as some of the information came from my personal diaries and the mere keeping of a diary by a Commissar of the Glorius Red Army of Workers and Peasants was a death offense during the Great Patriotic War! :(

Well, since it has been done and I will never be able to pay back the extreme favor Tom and Waleed have bestowed on me, all I can do is hide from the NKVD, which I have been doing successfully for the last few months and invite you to enjoy the contents of the books without worrying about the NKVD. :wink: :[] :[] :[]

Oh and one other thing. Although I am not as good a Communist as I was during the War, I am enough of one now to assure you that I and Tom and Waleed will not make one cent off of these books. All profits go to the maintenance of Feldgrau. Jason was kind enough, since the early 90's, to allow me to write on Feldgrau and this is the least I can do in return. Now Tom and Waleed deserve to be paid for his magnificent efforts, but he too agrees that Feldgrau needs the funds to continue to exist. So please ante up and, in he spirit of Feldgrau, help us to help the site that has been many of our homes for many years.

I think I've said enough but for one sentence. All of you have been in the fore-front of the fight to explore German Military History (and with it, that of the Red Army, its greatest foe) so we have sort of a duty to our hobby to keep Feldgrau as a resource for German Military History for anyone who joins us in the future. :up: :up: :up: :up:

Very Best Regards,
~D, the EviL
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Jager1945

Post by Jager1945 »

Hi D,

This is the first I heard of this? What have I been doing that I have been out of circulation for such a time as to have missed this important milestone, you ask? Well that will be an adventure just telling it! Lets say, South Florida had something to do with it and leave it at that!!!

I will PM you with a few details just to pique your interest, in the very near future, I promise!

Thanks for telling me, Moi Druge! I will tell the NKVD personally, if I am kept outa the loop again! I was one of your heros for heavens sakes! If you promise to keep me informed I will forget everything!

Bestens as you always say,

-Robert

P.S. Super Duper Congradulations are in order and best of luck, as I always knew you had it in ya. From when I read the very first Forum Heros My.....In East Prussia! Sorry for being so mushy but who gives.... Just keep on entertaining us, huh?
Jaeger

‘There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.’ - Heinz Guderian
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

<bump>

Just in case anyone missed this, or is too new to realize what we're talking about...

And, by the way, there is no limit. Those books are available forever, unless I take them down from the printer's site! :beer:
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Since March 2011, I've sold a total of six and a half sets of these books. The bad part is that I bought three sets myself!

I recognize this is truly a niche publication, but only 3 1/2 sets sold in almost three years? C'mon, folks! I know a lot more of you followed these stories!!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

Tom.

Incredibly I have only just found this thread!
If the cost of sending them across the "pond" is not prohibitive, put me down for a set please.
I'll p.m you a postal address.
Best wishes,

David (Wirblewind).
Thanks. Dave.