Photo albums german w2

WWII era German related items being sought, sold or traded.
Frenched

Photo albums german w2

Post by Frenched »

Hi all
I have 2 albums from
Aufnahmen Der propaganda Kompanien, Berichtswoche 1941,42.
I would like to sell them but have no idea of the price and how.
Could someone help ?
Thanks in advance
ED
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

well, for how much did you get them? If you want to get rid of them, I think the same price as you got them.
Frenched

Post by Frenched »

my father found them in 45
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

intressting. Normal photos cost 5 Euro, so I think just times the number of photos in the album by 5, and you have a price. :wink:
Blitzvogel

Post by Blitzvogel »

A couple thoughts to decide on a value:

1. What do they mean to you?
If they are clutter and you want rid of them, then I think the 5 Euro rule works fine as suggested by Herr Moltke. If you are looking to make a profit from their sale then you need to target your sale to a specific market. There are many collectors out there.

2. What is the content?
If they are pictures of ghoulash kanones then you pricing will be low, if they are pictures of the boss himself, or other noteable personalities then you could be sitting on a fortune. Don't forget that even the most mundane photos could be prized gems to some

On another note:

Consider a partial donation to a museum or something similar as a way to preserve a portion of history that is fast disappearing. As Hollywood continues spreading it's version of 1939 - 1945, authentic pieces of history are important.

BTW I would be interested in purchasing if I had more details.

My .02 euro sense
A people show no greatness in honouring its warriors coming home victorious.
But how great and noble a people would be that still binds wreaths to its men who return defeated.
mightythor99
Enthusiast

your photo albums

Post by mightythor99 »

it all depends on what is shown in the pictures in your albums. "value" is a relative thing, and difficult to evaluate. no one likes to over pay for things they are interested in, so people will play games when you have something they are interested in selling. wwii german photos vary in value, depending on what they show. if they are all boring uniform shots, of guys standing around, camping, etc, they are less interesting, and so they are worth less then others. if they are of rare subject matter, rare vehicles, personalities, movie stars, political players, etc,.....more interesting. if they are taken in "the field", or "on the front", they are also more interesting.
as for your albums, if there are lots of photos of close up detail shots of the propaganda cuff title, they would be more interesting. by this, i dont mean a close up picture of the cuff title.........i mean that they are good legible photos, showing the cuff band plainly visible, with other aspects of his uniform, etc. interesting subject matter........burlesque shows, etc. those are what i have seen in propaganda albums usually. i'd guess $150-200, for 125 photos or so. (i am assuming that the album owner was enlisted man.....officer would be more, but he's probably enlisted). if the albums have been "looted", by this i mean some collector swiped pictures out of it, and there are big holes in the albums, then it would hurt it for "sale" value. photo album collectors get pissed off when they see a bunch of missing pictures in an album........i understand if a family member wanted one or two pictures to remember grandpa with, etc, but if there are a lot of them, then the album has been "looted", and the historical value of the album has been compromised, hense, the album is worth less $$..........way less, to me usually.
i'd be interested to see some pictures if you still have them, and see if i could give you more of an idea.
[email protected]
ted
I am interested in buying / trading for photo albums, photo groupings, diaries, feldpost groupings,etc, from any country in the world, any army/navy, etc, mostly 20th century!!
mightythor99
Enthusiast

also.......as for donating to museum................

Post by mightythor99 »

you cant donate to them, other then giving them the album(s), which they will probably not ever display, and will end up selling them off to purchase things "they want" for their collections.............you probably need the $$ more then they do.......so i'd sell em yourself. if you ever...........or, if ANYONE OUT THERE, ever decides they have too much money..........just send it to me. i'll find a good use for it!
thanks!
:D :D :D
I am interested in buying / trading for photo albums, photo groupings, diaries, feldpost groupings,etc, from any country in the world, any army/navy, etc, mostly 20th century!!
chaz

Post by chaz »

personally I have bid on ebay for 3 or 4 albums, these have sold for over £100, a few weeks later the same albums have been resubmitted with no pictures where the buyer has removed them for resale individually and now sells the albums for their age value .
from my point of view (collector) I would buy them to keep but others are not as interested in the history instead of the financial return (dealers)