Good morning everyone,
As some of you might know, for the past couple of years, I have been doing an ongoing research website on the Monsun UBoats, http://monsun-uboats.blogspot.sg/
, that details the Kreigsmarine involvement with the Japanese Navy here in Asia.
And about a week ago, I was contacted by Mr Iqbal Malhotra for some help and perhaps some of you might be able to contribute too.
Iqbal Malhotra, chairman and producer, AIM television, New Delhi, has recently made a film for Discovery Channel on Subhas Chandra Bose - The Mystery which is about the mystery behind Netaji's death, his connections with Stalin's Russia and the secret of INA gold entrusted to Prouchandy in Saigon. Some of the new findings are based on recently declassified records in India. Iqbal is very interested in doing further research on the activities of Bose and the INA while he was in Penang and other parts of Malaysia.
The link of his film is attached below.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6zTgf ... sp=sharing
and this is a short youtube of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1sRU6Q ... e=youtu.be
He has asked me these specific questions -
1. Were there friendly fraternal contact and ties between the INA and Germans in Penang? Any innocuous photos or written references?
2. De classified files reveal that Bose may have left from Singapore on August 18, 1945 in a German submarine that picked him up off Bukit Timah in Singapore? He is supposed to have left for this rendezvous from the Japanese 7th Army HQ in Raffles College in Bukit Timah. Any evidence of this?
3. Did the German submarines transport bullion and other valuables to the Philippines?
4. What other activities did the Germans undertake in Penang and the coast around Lumut?
5. Given below are the details of Italian submarines, one of which may have been used to transport Bose from Singapore to Port Arthur in Manchuria. UIT-24 & UIT-25 only as both these submarines operated with mixed Italian, German and Japanese crews. Any photos/logs/info about these subs will be very welcome. These are the subs who were potentially linked to Bose and the INA. In fact UIT-24 was operating as a transport sub making port calls before it surrendered in Kobe.
Also he will be in Penang on November 11,12 & 13 and in KL on November 14 & 15 for talks.
If any of you can help, please do email him at [email protected]
, he is on a tight schedule and has by end of this month to meet his dateline. His documentary will be published around January/February next year.